Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's like this everywhere! Wages spiral costs, I understand. Just also know I don't make their wages, most days. Yeah -- before surgery all dental. And, after replacements, usually antibiotics before any dental. Seems any possible infections travel to those new parts. 🤔😵‍💫

I'm in a hold pattern for now. No pain just old teeth chipping apart 😔 the "cleaning" part is beefed up with some crap they claim will help receding gum. Doesn't...did it before. So that'll be a knock off. Just sell the work.🥴

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Waking at 4 -- too early but, I'm awake 😏 daylight is at least an hr away, then just a twinkle really. Days are getting shorter; the sad truth for fall and winter.😔

Just me and my cuppa, waiting. 🤣 it's a go to work day.

I did get to bush hog a couple hrs yesterday. Hot but good. Hot all week so grass will dry fast, I'll rake it off tomorrow to not kill off base. Have more to cut. Rains last week = huge grass spurt.

Last edited:

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good mornin Mini and all others. I was up at 4 as well today. We got a little rain last night, 5/8" that'll help. I got home mon morning and almost all grass is gone with a lot of it dying, even in the yard and winter pasture where it hasn't been grazed in a month.
Neighbor got hay for me while I was gone. The other neighbor decided to unload it for us, also while I was gone. It's in the back yard where I can't turn out the horses if there was more grass.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up early.. too early. My morning routine revolves around getting Birdie fed and outside to pee. Once I get up, I just sort of click along and run out of things to do, so leave for work. yeah :rolleyes: got to work 30mins early - even after spending nearly that much time rearranging the living room. LOL, not that hard, crate furniture on laminate floor - everything just slides around. The cats will have LOTS of 'new' toys today. I HAD left half a pot of yesterday morning's coffee in my big travel mug in the fridge, so had PLENTY of iced coffee to start the morning with 😁

@Mini Horses I'm hoping for a grass spurt here too. I blocked off half of the north pasture and am hoping to make it to Oct before having to buy the first rounds of hay. I might even make it to Nov... ??? I can't remember if I posted this, but several months ago my hay guy called and asked if I could take 2 round bales NOW. I said I wasn't expecting it & didn't even have any cash to give him - he said he didn't care, he needed them off the truck right now and I could pay him later. 20mins later, I had 1 bale in the feeder (which they've mostly ignored and wasted) and the other still on the trailer under a tarp ready to drop when the pasture fails. :clap

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting up early must be contagious. Dogs woke me up and I’ve been up since listening to sporadic bouts of furious barking. Hogs probably. Dogs didn’t climb the fence so it looks like the hot wire was encountered at some point. A flock of Canada geese flew over low and slow. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen Canadas. I grew up in an area that had lots of them overwinter because of warm water springs. Think I’ll start with iced tea today.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for coffee. Tom and Jerry cartoons are playing, one granddaughter is awake. On my first cup of coffee. Took them to 3 splash pads in Lufkin yesterday and all 3 were closed. Going to the zoo today.
ENJOY!!! I could go to the zoo every day. Down in Disney I "recognized" one of the gorillas from the TV show about the behind the scenes stuff and got to chat with a keeper for at least an hour about all the different personalities & preferences. It was fascinating.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like the one in NC. It's been years since I went there, but it was so pretty - like a combination of a zoo and a really nice botanical garden.
Now that I think about it, that time I was down there, there was a woman standing at the observation area for the lions with a clipboard. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was making observations. Apparently that's part of the keeper's job, to spend a couple hours just watching and making notes everytime one of them does something.
That's a job I could REALLY get into!!!!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alright early-schmearly - was up at 12:30(AM) and couldn't fall back asleep until 4??? slept til 6ish. I was was on your all time zone I dunno what I would've done. Geeze - what is it with most of us not sleeping last night?? Is it a "prime" thing? OR??? :lol: :oops: 🤔