Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Holiday time indeed. I keep thinking today is Sunday. We got 1/2 inch of rain yesterday evening and possibly more today. Hooray! Got the garage swept out and ready to do water bunks. Someone is supposed to remove our cooktop’s downdraft this week (yep THAT drama is still going on). Downdraft was installed. It was determined that the counter cut-out was crooked so down draft couldn’t deploy. Cut- out was fixed. Downdraft still wouldn’t work. Whirlpool was called. Service tech arrives and announces he’s not qualified to work on downdraft. Home shield needs 5th service order to find qualified repairman. QR announces the downdraft motherboard is broken. Whirlpool insists THEY must make the determination. Whirlpool calls us and claims they can’t inspect downdraft because they don’t service our area now. Home shield can’t find 5th service order wants a 6th. They have finally relented and will allow a local business to remove the broken downdraft, and replace it with a new one. Ten months, six service orders to Homeshield, a downdraft that has been installed and removed by three different entities. :he I wonder what will happen next.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
They will take your stove, promise to bring a new one next day and you won’t see them again. Ever. They will sell your stove with broken downdraft to a deaf, dumb and blind trio of mice for a pot of gold. The leprechaun will show up to claim his pit of gold and there will be a great battle. The mice will be sent to a retirement home, the repair men will have to live inside your stove and the leprechaun will put his pot of gold back at the end of the rainbow. YOU will go buy a new stove and sue Home Shield for millions of dollars.
And they all lived happily ever after.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fennie tried his best but I couldn’t make it up to feed him until 7. My body is rebelling from doing all the feeding, cooking, cleaning, etc while TheMan is sick. Not looking forward to a month of this in October weather after his hip replacement. It’s the hay for the horses hitting me hardest. We have these damn 1600 lb bales and trying to separate the good hay from what is cow hay is difficult for me, strains my back and shoulders and uses up what energy I have.
Then carrying a bucket of beet pulp pellets for the horses through the alleyway full of junk and 5’ tall weeds, stuff keeps grabbing my feet and causing me to fall. I don’t understand how he keeps his shop in pristine condition but lets everything here go to h3ll.
I’ve been hauling trash to front gate until I can find a truck or something to haul it to the ranch dump. It’s going to take weeks. I don’t see me actually getting it done until next spring as I wear out before I can finish and once the weather turns I won’t be able to do much, if anything.
The good news is, Fen is a hero!!
I had my bag of meds sitting next to me on the couch and he came over and was staring at them intently. I looked down at them and there was a SPIDER on it!!!
(I have HUGE phobia!)
I was able to escape. He tried but I think he failed to capture the monster. I sprayed everything down with peppermint oil spray. I will never be able to sit there again, which is a shame, cuz that’s the only seat with a holder for my coffee cup. :ep

Trying to get Fennie’s heroics on local news but no one responds to my emails.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Holiday time indeed. I keep thinking today is Sunday. We got 1/2 inch of rain yesterday evening and possibly more today. Hooray! Got the garage swept out and ready to do water bunks. Someone is supposed to remove our cooktop’s downdraft this week (yep THAT drama is still going on). Downdraft was installed. It was determined that the counter cut-out was crooked so down draft couldn’t deploy. Cut- out was fixed. Downdraft still wouldn’t work. Whirlpool was called. Service tech arrives and announces he’s not qualified to work on downdraft. Home shield needs 5th service order to find qualified repairman. QR announces the downdraft motherboard is broken. Whirlpool insists THEY must make the determination. Whirlpool calls us and claims they can’t inspect downdraft because they don’t service our area now. Home shield can’t find 5th service order wants a 6th. They have finally relented and will allow a local business to remove the broken downdraft, and replace it with a new one. Ten months, six service orders to Homeshield, a downdraft that has been installed and removed by three different entities. :he I wonder what will happen next.
OH gawd, what is it with kitchen appliances? Had terrible trouble with a high end, do it all double oven from Samsung when we built the house. Took 8?? calls and repair visits and we finally insisted on a full refund. The thing was great to two months - then it wouldn't hold temp to even bake choco chip cookies.
Hang in there - hopefully the next one will work well for a long time.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Definitely on some sort of holiday schedule - lordy I slept until after 6!!! OK - I did weed whack about 5 hours yesterday. I've decided at least for the the short term that Obi is out of shape so grazing out and about will be an every other day thing for awhile for him. Zo of course is saying "use me!", and I will - need to get him working, he hasn't worked since spring.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Happy-tuesday-coffee-meme.webp

All you need for your wake up coffee is right next to the coffee pot and enjoy the quiet.
I apologize for not getting on here yesterday I was still in "recovery mode" from the BBQ we had on Sunday plus FH and I went grocery shopping yesterday morning then when we got home, had it all put away we sent in our recliners in front of the TV and took naps for a couple hours.