Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This was a no alarm day. Woke up close to same time anyway. Laid there a few minutes, listening to rooster chorus. Now, routine coffee. Sun is bright.

We have several days of mid 90s and clear skies. The hay across the street will dry nicely. The corn field next door is totally brown, they'll harvest in a couple weeks. Cotton on other side just starting to bloom.

Grass very wet with dew. I'll give it an hr or so to dry off, then it's tractor time.😁 Got diesel yesterday, so I'm good for a tank refill later, all day run. So far, so good

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan those swans are lovely. That's a wild find there? Rarely seen in "lower 48" anymore. Basically parks & zoos, I believe.
Yes, wild ones.

It was parents and their set of... whatever baby swans are called, it escapes me....

I tried counting the mostly grown babies... maybe 6... Anyway, they had a nice set of them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Learned two things before coffe this morning. Worming the sheep may be more effective during a full moon. Still researching- anyone hear of this?
And Colorado Mountain Dogs. Never heard of them. Hmm.
More effective in a full moon? I could see that. Full moon does weird stuff, emergency rooms are always busy in a full moon, my babies were born on a full moon.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone ! 😁

Looks like we're all running on "holiday time" today 🤣 moving slow and later than usual. I know I am! It's OK !!

I was productive yesterday, completed list down to bushogging...yep, tired, hot, dirty me said "do that tomorrow". Went in to ice water, then a long hot shower, which was very nice! So that's what I'll do today -- bush hog that field. It'll be hot later but, wet this morning with dew. I'll stop after lunch and do inside stuff with temps in high 90s expected. 🤷 back to work tomorrow, so it'll be prep for the week. 8am dental checkup in morning, too. What a way to start a day👎🤣

They baled hay yesterday, across the street. Huge number of bales. He'll do great this year, 3 real good cuts. No livestock. He just grows and sells.

Hope your day goes well