Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
True @Mother Hen , but I have NEVER allowed a dog to sleep on the bed.... and the one kitten has to try to lick and then gently bite my nose and it gets me up off the bed in a big way.... Besides, they got up, food still in the dish, and in 15 minutes of playing/eating... are on the chair both sound asleep again....

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Well I thought we where going to have this baby the other day but things seem to have slowed or stopped completely. Probably a good thing as now I have one kid with a sore throat and fever, dh and dd1 have just stuffy noses and I have a sore throat. Before ds1 started having a fever we were thinking it was just allergies nope no such luck. Dh is back at work today, midwife is on hold she might be going back to San Antonio tonight. She has been here two days. Anyways nothing really new, kids are taking a break from school until after baby arrives as I don't have the patience or the desire to do school right now. Working toward having as much ready as I can before baby arrives due date is Sept 13. Nesting is not a thing for me so I work on the little energy my body claims to have and rest when I can. Midwife thinks I am having prodromal labor, which is basically real contractions, that's do very little to nothing. Which apparently can last days or weeks yay. She lives 2hrs away so trying to figure out next time when I should call her lol.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Jesusfreak101 Well you should know by now the baby will come when it wants to and not when you want it too. As soon as labor starts (and hopefully it doesn't progress fast) I would give midwife a call. Home Birth? Keep us updated on your progress even if it's slow. What about taking LOOONNNGGG walks to get things going?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
There, your Tag popped up!

Yep, just been busy... only have 10 more minutes to sit here...

Kid 2 looks like he might be getting married this next summer... yes, they are both a bit young, but golly they are a fantastic match.

They are really fantastic together... do great when each other are stressed etc.

I am thrilled.
Good to see you again!! Guessing you had a productive Alaskan summer harvest! I'm always amazed at the size of the veggies. Family sounds great and woah - that's a lot of busy!!

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did while the contractions were still going.but didn't do anything I cleaned the house as well and went for a small grocery run. Nothing changed. Probably just not time yet and kinda grateful now that I have some sick kids. On has a medium high fever. His temp is around 103-104. He one of those who when he gets a temp it doesn't stay low grade. Then three other kids have stuffy noses/very snotty, dh has sinus issues and I have a soar throat prefer baby to wait on arrival till everyone is well.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
good-morning-saturday-02.png

All you need for a cup of coffee is right there next to the coffee machine so brew a cup and enjoy the patio while it's cool (only 56 at this time). I'm laying back down as I have no need to be up this early

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some photos.

The swans were on a pond just south of Anchorage... we stopped there because kid 5 was having a tough time coming fully out of the anesthesia from the tooth exposure... he was super cold, so I stopped the car to get him a sleeping bag.

20230826_163435.jpg
20230822_111927.jpg
20230821_175913.jpg

My greenhouse... I let fireweed grow in it this year. Yes, also tomatoes, basil, cucumbers and mint...
20230817_102526.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan those swans are lovely. That's a wild find there? Rarely seen in "lower 48" anymore. Basically parks & zoos, I believe.

It's a Brrrrrrr...52 outside this morning! Heavy dew, so air is moist and just feels chilly. Adjustments -- layer dressing. Daylight hrs shorter. Wouldn't it be nice if we could order our weather, to be served to us like dinner in a fine restaurant?☺️not happening...so grab a sweater!

Today I need to address a dig...what I'm pretty sure is a groundhog trying to be a squatter! Found this.... Brand new first of week, then I dealt with job & rain all week....today move tote, dig out and refill hole. 😖. Set traps.

Attachments

• IMG_20230827_110418917_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230827_110418917_HDR.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: