Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan popped up on BYC today. Hopefully the same will happen here soon.
There, your Tag popped up!

Yep, just been busy... only have 10 more minutes to sit here...

Kid 2 looks like he might be getting married this next summer... yes, they are both a bit young, but golly they are a fantastic match.

They are really fantastic together... do great when each other are stressed etc.

I am thrilled.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan Miss all the beautiful pictures and the family "gossip".... what's the "snow plow" situation for this winter???? How many still living home??? Are you still doing everything at the pretty church near you?
Come back to see us......:hit
:caf
I am still doing everything at the church. Lots there to do.

I had 3 kids home this summer, with 1 kid added on weekends. So.... almost a full set. The missing kid was kid 2.

So.... update...

Eldest is now at his second year at seminary and still loves it. He came home for the summer, got a full time job which was very exhausting for him(on his feet all day), so I just didn't see him much! He would work, go to church, do some things with his brothers...

He did make sure to spend time with my mom who was here for 2 months.

Kid 2, for the first time in forever did NOT have a job this summer. Instead, this woman he had known for 4 years, via Internet, came here to Alaska for 2 months. They camped all over, at some times other mutual friends joined them... At the end of 2 months she went back home, and he followed her!!!! For a month... he got home just in time for classes. Yes, he is still in college. She is planning to visit this Christmas.. he is planning to propose at Christmas... I think that means that they will be married next summer, summer 2024!!! They talk about everything... so even though it is not yet official... they are already discussing having the wedding HERE in the small next door church.... she wants to convert.... ack.... I am now trying to help my son figure out what ring to buy, how to do visa paperwork, and how to support a wife on a student income!!!

By the way...we ALL love the woman. She is absolutely fantastic, and is his perfect match.

Kid 3, at the end of his first year of college got offered a job he could not refuse. Great pay with full benefits. So... I had to help him get his first apartment... he now lives 2hours away but drives home every weekend. The truck that he and his brother, kid 4 changed the transmission on (rebuilt transmission), the new to him transmission busted after... maybe a month??? So he is having to drive our super terrible backup junker. He is saving up as much as he can, and working hard to spend as little as possible... so that at the end of a year he will be able to afford a decent used car. He refuses to get a car with a loan since his job, though great, is brand new. He has signed up for 1 online college class this fall. He wants to get a degree in instrumentation, so he can move over to that if/ when his current welding job ends. (It is a full time job, with overtime... but he is a proactive young man. He knows he doesn't want to weld for the rest of his life)

Kid 4 has been working to get his Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts, and is still making 20 an hour doing odd jobs for people around town. This year is his last year of High school. So, this fall he is taking 1 college class, an intro English one.

Kid 5 HAS A GIRL FRIEND!!!! :eek::epSheesh!!! And he only just turned 15 this summer!!!!!... I did NOT have this issue with his brothers!!! He had his first "real" job this summer, a job in construction. Lots of hard work, decent pay.

Kid 5 is in 10th this year.

Spouse and I are still trucking along.

Oh... Kid 5 has a permanent tooth that is in the totally wrong place!! I have been driving him up to Anchorage once a week, 3 weeks in a row.... the tooth in the wrong place is below the gum line. We had to get him surgery to expose the tooth... and now it is being gently pulled with a chain... out and over... we should now only have to go to Anchorage (5 hours away) and at times only Soldotna (2 hours away) every 3 to 4 weeks. Either it will all work out... or some of his front teeth will die... yeah... sheesh... a 16 year old with... dentures? A bridge? Whatever

Crazy!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh! The plow!

Last year we rented out the bobcat, and used that money TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE PLOW.

Wow... that was wonderful. And, we gambled correctly since we made more than we spent!!

It looks like we will not be able to do that this year... so I will have to teach both kids 4 and 5 to work the snow blower and the Bobcat.

Because... I really do not think I can run that thing. It is too cold, and uses way too much knee. My knees are not getting better with age.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
See....how easy was that?? We've missed you! Your family is growing up, making plans and we're missing out! I mean, we've "watched" them grow and now....like a leaf in the wind, they flutter away and we don't know 🥴🤔 🥹

Now we'll need some updates, more often...please.

The saga continues. 👍

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
398678-Wishing-You-A-Wonderful-New-Month-Filled-With-Joy-And-Beautiful-Memories-Welcome-September-.jpg
Coffee-For-You-And-Me-Good-Morning-wg0180052.jpg

Happy Friday all! Have a good day and an even better weekend!!!
Everything is right there next to the coffee pot so brew a cup and enjoy the patio while it's cool out (56 at this time) by the end of the weekend/ beginning of next week the temps are suppose to be 90+ with high humidity levels again. I so can't wait for it to stay cool so I can AC off and open windows/doors. 22 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN!!!!!
@Alaskan just to give you a quick update and short version FH and I set our wedding date JUNE 15, 2024 and I got a dress on August 26 (think I posted a pic back on Sunday (post on page 2133)). We have the venue set, the theme (RUSTIC) and the colors (different shades of purple and sage green), the wedding party all set. I had to enlist the help of his best man to get FH to agree to jeans, dress shirt (short sleeve of course), Hey Dudes loafers and Bolo Tie seeing how FH wants and insists on wearing shorts, tank top and slides for the ceremony STILL!!! He is so frustrating, and worse than a female has ever been with changing the mind!!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool morning but, refreshing. 59 going to upper 70s ☺️ no rain today 👍. Getting ready to leave for work in a very few minutes. I want to get the last couple little jobs done and have the afternoon to enjoy. Maybe the grass will be dried off 🥴. I'll have weekend at home! Walk farm and check things.

I haven't had my AC on for almost 48 hrs! 🤣👍

Better fill my coffee mug and get going...get DONE.😁

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kittens woke me up... climbing on my face is NOT preferable first thing in the morning...
I would prefer kittens over having a dog breathing in my face just staring at me or pressing cold nose against my skin.
Yesterday I told FH that we need to make a lists of 20-30 songs each then once done compare lists and see how many we have that's the same then find different songs to replace the duplicates. I so can't wait to see how many songs we have that's the same.

Latest posts