Coffee anyone ?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just finally got to sit down for a cup of coffee @ 10. Had to water new rabid isadoe only for her to promptly and intentionally dump it out.
Other than that, she’s pretty funny. She likes to lay on her belly with her back legs crossed behind her, and showing off her curves. She reminds me of the centerfolds my big brother used to hide in his room…which reminds me of a funny story…my youngest was about 9 years old and I was changing the sheets on his bed. He walked in with a panicky look on his face just about the time I found and picked up a Victoria’s Secret catalogue that had slid down between the bed and the wall. He gasped and as I looked up at him he blurted out “I swear to G-d, I never touched it!” 😂😝🤣

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Quietly enjoying coffee, reading yesterday's posts. 😊

Up at 6 with full 8 hr of sleep 👍 and I really, really slept solid. That's what 4 hr of walking in open air will do for you. 😂 I'll be outside most of the day today, more great weather. The tractor will be used! I've got a couple days here to cut, rake, CK fences and move animals. I've been working this cut, dry, grass into bales for bedding and garden mulch for 2024 planting....and goat kidding. Some areas that were topped off a couple weeks ago is recovering well to use for some late fall/early winter graze. Helps with amount of hay I use! Cross fencing let's me have some control of that. I'm fortunate to be able to.

Hoping to offload some barn clean outs into garden space, then till it in for winter compost in place. I sure have a lot to DO 🥴😖. Any help will be appreciated.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
coffee-time-it%27s-sunday.gif

Everything you need for your "let's get motivated" cup is by the coffee pot, brew a cup (I'm about to fix me my 2nd cup!) then let's on the patio while we sip it and enjoy the crisp 62 morning air.
I apologize for not having time to check in yesterday morning. FH and a co-worker had to go pick up the sealer truck from Chantilly, VA and I went along for the ride. Once FH and I got home we did some much needed yardwork. I was in bed and ASLEEP by 9pm.
Tonight's dinner is SMOKED Boston Butt, SMOKED Mac & Cheese, "Apple pie" Baked Beans, and maybe just maybe Cornbread muffins.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. First cup down the hatch. Getting daylight, gonna take Sentry to the field and let Sheba and Buford out. Sentry has gotten spoiled to being a house dog. Last night he asked to go in the night pen, then changed his mind. He’s ok now, still a little swollen in the throat area, I think he can stay outside tonight. Church this morning, then going to Lufkin to get a few groceries and dog food.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If my kittens started leaving me little offerings I would be saying thank you very very much... go get me another.....
Saw a mouse in the kitchen the other day and got a couple of sticky traps put where the kittens couldn't get into them and got it.... hopefully the same one I saw...
The kittens are into the cabinets alot so hopefully getting the smells and such so they will want to hunt them.... they like to chase anything that moves now... bringing me grasshoppers and crickets they are playing with...
YEP, gross, but after all the ones I have dealt with some dead ones laid out would be a welcome sight for me....
Still... glad they are doing the job for you.....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
They have kept all but 2 mice out of house for almost 2 yrs...and barns. So cornfield antics. They are feral, primarily. Couple let me touch them, they come if I call, always around house, porches & barns. None inside, excepts DS cat, whose house trained and in sons place sometimes.

Haven't seen a snake -- THANK YOU!! 👍

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fen has a particular spot he likes to have his drumsticks so I put a puppy mat there. I forgot to thaw out his ground chicken so I gave him some kibble and a drumstick on his mat @ 5 am when he woke me for his breakfast, not realizing that if he didn’t eat in his crate, that he technically didn’t have breakfast 😵‍💫

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee and cake finished, it's after 8, still 62 like it was at 5:30, and the fog is very very pea soupy. Can't see more than ~50ft at best. Looks like it'll clear and then another roll comes in. It's too thick to go out and graze with the coyote activity lately. I hear them close in at night but haven't seen them during the day but when I'm either out weed whacking (all the dead dry stuff) or out grazing I can see that they've been here, their calling cards are on the road. Looks like they've been eating a lot of "veggies" and missing the rabbits and squirrels. o_O it also looks like they've been eating castor plant seeds-- makes me wonder how they are still alive much less walking our ranch road.
Ah - still pea soup fog -- so much now the ground looks like it has rained, :confused: - grazing still possible and hopefully will do it - and it's Zo's day (there I said it, now the fog has to lift so I can do it).
EDIT ….. not yet 9 for still here and
it’s officially raining - the rain chain says so (even though the phone forecast says it isn’t)
IMG_0376.jpeg

Edit to the edit - just checked the forecast and it says....
"Expect dry conditions for the next 6 hours." :lol: :lol: :lol: o_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited: