Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gotta love all the sophisticated equipment that "helps the forecasters" make all these forecasts...
LOOK OUT THE WINDOW sometimes.....

One of the kittens got stuck to a sticky trap right when they first moved over to the house... it was yowling and I got a few scratches getting it off... so I quick went around and tried to get all the rest I had out... and make sure I had snapped the regular traps...

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the feral cats Randy keeps feeding have been HERDING the mice over to my house!
It was somewhat humorous when Fen walked in stuck to a sticky trap 😂
Many years ago I had a Battle Royal with rats in my barn... very long story shortened way up... the horse lost a chunk of her tail & had a shaved rectangle on her side & I gave up on my "no poison" rule...
🤣

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been a busy couple of days & I'm finally checking in to see what everyone's up to.
@Mini Horses & @farmerjan did yall make it to Gilmanor?.... it was someone's birthday wasn't it?????🎂🎈
I decided to go to Lewis Ginter for the 'big plant sale'. Lots of VERY nice & informative vendors... but only 2 rows in the parking lot. 🙄 DID get 2 pawpaw trees 🎉.
Went to church this AM & got Dad to come to the house for a simple lunch of hot ham & cheese sandwiches & a movie (Facing The Giants).
Then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to make things nice for my sister's visit.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

Whatever you prefer for your morning drink is right next to the coffee pot, fix a cup then let's meet on the patio to enjoy the 62 morning air while we sip our drinks as the sun wakes the daylight up. On my 2nd cup already but all the dogs been out (2 are in the kennel already), laundry sorted and started, trash out for pickup, dishes organized and waiting to get done.
IMG_20230917_183646.jpg

Last night's dinner SMOKED Mac & Cheese, "Apple Pie" Baked Beans, SMOKED Boston Butt (pulled pork with Kentucky Bourbon BBQ sauce on hamburger bun), and Cornbread muffin.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I slept all night, no 2:30 wake up call. I have a book, Minerals for the Genetic Code by Charles Walters. Fascinating book on how lack of proper minerals can cause sickness and disease. I went searching and if you wake up at 2 AM, you have a potassium deficiency. I’ve been plagued by Mr Wide Awake knocking on my head at 2 or 2:30, so I bought potassium tablets yesterday, took 2 about an hour before bedtime and slept all night. I feel rested. If I take an OTC sleeping pill, which is Benadryl, I have a sleep hangover and feel slow and blah for the next day. So I rarely take one. I think I’ll stay on the potassium tablets. I also take 2 multivitamins, 1 B complex and 3,000 units of vitamin D3. For my osteoporosis I take Algecal and Strontium, a natural supplement with no side effects. Osteoporosis was found when I had knee replacement last September. Both femurs, both hips and osteopenia in my spine. Doctor told me not to fall down or I’d break something. My lifestyle is not such that I want to tiptoe around being careful. I’m not ready to go sit in a rocking chair. I do NOT want side effects of the osteoporosis medications. A friend told me about her osteoporosis and her chiropractor put her on Algecal and Strontium. Unlike prescription medications, it doesn’t just stop osteoporosis, it builds bone back, not the hard brittle bone of prescription, but healthy strong bones. I called the company, told them about my friend and they sent her a free bottle! When the doctor tried to put me on prescription and told me if I couldn’t take the side effects, she would give me the shots, I adamantly refused. She was shocked. LOL I told her I was going to take Algecal. It takes a year for results to show up, I’m looking forward to my next bone scan.
I’m going outside to work this morning. Fall down? Screw it, I’m gonna do what I do.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Atta girl! Question those RX meds. There are some that are needed and valid but, so many not.

We had scattereds late yesterday -- as I took clothes off line -- and more overnight. Very light, still wet. Maybe 1/4". Overcast & foggy now 😔 which is a downer. Had breakfast, now need ☕

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Baymule I know you just said in a previous post you don't like taking Benadryl (but you do when you need to) to help you sleep because of the sleep hangover you experience. I think you should try Melatonin
1695041803197.jpeg
. From what I just read that's the best kind of OTC for sleep and there's NO next day grogginess.

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I know you just said in a previous post you don't like taking Benadryl (but you do when you need to) to help you sleep because of the sleep hangover you experience. I think you should try Melatonin View attachment 101567. From what I just read that's the best kind of OTC for sleep and there's NO next day grogginess.
x2
It's naturally produced by your body anyway. It works with the internal clock. Sometimes you just need a little more. I'd say I'm not groggy from it but with the apnea I've rarely woke up not groggy for the last 10 years.lol