Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Iced coffee with a bit of brown sugar today. Caught a daddy mouse in the pantry, expecting mom and the kids this eeek. :clap An aye-firmative on hawk hunting chickens, a Cooper’s I think. Anyone know about Jerusalem artichokes?im thinking of doing containers to prevent tuber spread but will the seeds be a problem? Are they worth planting or are they a Euell Gibbons deal- you can eat them but do you want to? I found two black walnut trees. Not much produced but maybe next year.

Who remembers Euell?

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have Jerusalem Artichokes, also called Sunchokes. Yep unless you want them taking over your yard you need to corral those plants.

Their flowers do not produce seed as far as I have seen. We've been doing them for several years. Started out with one row and now... well it is a whole lot more. The word went out this year that any choke outside the fence takes its chances with the lawn mowing.

Can't say much about eating them as we haven't ... yet. Nice plant, spreads easily and I use the dried stalks as plant supports.

Goats adore the plant. They give it two hooves up on taste.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Melatonin messes me up. I got off the the generic nyquil in June after years of taking it at night. Causes dementia. (I also stopped my Box Wine drinking at the same time).

Melatonin was what the Doc (PA) said to use. It made my brain hyper. I lowered the dose to 2 mg. Still hyper brain.

Switched to L-theonine. Worked for a while but now I can't fall asleep or get deep sleep.

Once a week I'll take a swig of my generic nyquil just to be able to get enough rest.