Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule in your case, pouring rain is good!! 🥰 maybe you'll get more. I can tell you, by 3rd day you're tired of the wet & gloom --- in case you don't remember🤣 cause it's been a while for the experience! Have your coffee and watch.👍🥳

Still overcast here. No rain but, wet. No mud since I have grass as summer was good to us. There are still puddles. 65 to 75 for good temps today. Fall is coming in slowly and I appreciate that. Hoping winter is soft and kind.

Spring was wet! Summer had some HOT temps but no extended stay -- overall, it was good. VA/NC beaches drew crowds for tourist season, so hotels/shops did very well in those areas. That's my look back for 2023...the year is almost over.

Having my morning java hit & need to plan a day. Couple "gotta do" items, then I'll consider what I can do.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The rain will bring on the winter grass. Tiny green spears are showing now. I have a type of brome grass here, the sheep grazed it all winter. Unfortunately it’s not all over the farm, just a few patches. I gathered seed and scattered in other places.

The forest next to, and behind me, is gone. Clear cut to the ground. They pulled half of the equipment last week, only a few log piles left to load. A truck just went in, they should finish up this week.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
VA/NC beaches drew crowds for tourist season, so hotels/shops did very well in those areas.
Also remember that VA Beach took a MAJOR hit I think back at the beginning of summer with a storm they got then a restaurant along with a couple shops burned down on the strip not too long ago.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
The rain will bring on the winter grass. Tiny green spears are showing now. I have a type of brome grass here, the sheep grazed it all winter. Unfortunately it’s not all over the farm, just a few patches. I gathered seed and scattered in other places.

The forest next to, and behind me, is gone. Clear cut to the ground. They pulled half of the equipment last week, only a few log piles left to load. A truck just went in, they should finish up this week.
❤️ and 🙁
Are they going to replant?? At least the weather seems to be cooperating for them if they do. Kind of like the avocado grove on my east side.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fen woke me by snuffling this morning. I fed him, then he let me hug&kiss him and bury my hands and face in his “ruff”. He doesn’t actually have a ruff as his coat is that thick alk over, even his tail. I can’t keep my hands off him. ❤️
TheMan is healing INSANELY fast!! Against my protests yesterday, he cleaned out his sock/underwear drawer AND decided to vacuum the bathroom and bedroom. 😳 I seriously don’t know what to make if him. The swelling in his foot and lower leg has gone way down since he’s been able to sleep on the bed, so there’s that.
It’s cloudy again and so my wrists are extremely painful, but as long as I can get critters fed I have little else needing to be done, except for canning all my tomatoes which I don’t see happening. I wish I had space in the freezers…
Welp, Fen is destroying things. Guess I better feed. Smart dogs can really be a PITA:\

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was not a stellar day. LGDs we’re awol after Hubbs let them into an unsecured pasture. They came home after the usual swim in the neighbor’s pond. Leo needed a bath and was a mess about it. He clearly regarded the hose as a horrible monster, soap as deadly poison and the whole process worthy of multiple gator rolls and other tantrums. I realized I’d never bathed him but still quite a reaction. After rinsing he retired to stand belly deep in a water bunk with a most offended look. We had storms late evening and overnight. I need to make a further check for damage but things look ok in the upper pasture. Not much wind thankfully. Have a good day all.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just read through a ton of pages to get caught up. Baby has been sleeping about 3 hours a stretch, so I have been a bit sleep deprived. He's back over his birth weight and actually in the 6 pound range now.

I bought Jerusalem artichokes this last year and haven't been able to try them. The deer love them apparently, but they seem to be growing back now that the deer can't reach them as easily. Maybe I'll get a harvest next year.