Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I woke up early. I went to town yesterday and one of the things on my list was zip ties. I was out. So today I’ll put the tarp on the cow panel hut for the ewe crew. They vastly prefer the stretched tarp that I tied to the back of the cow panel hut to the back of their pen, with hay twine of course. But they will go in the hut too, just need to get a tarp back on it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today it's all day rain....light, on/ off but wet.😁. They suggest 1/2-1" overall. Ok. It's been clear & sunny for a week. Now, an inside day👍. Have a 5-day work week coming, so I'll cook today, prep meals for next week. Coolish, so oven can work.

Goats were out munching grass early. They're preparing for an "inside" day, too :lol: it's just starting to sprinkle.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got 7 qt of chicken canned and 4 chix in freezer- smallest was 7.2 lb and largest was 9.4 They got HUGE this year, foraging!
Today I need to go through a cooler full of deer organs for Fen as all the hunters brought me hearts, legs and livers. I had chicken broth simmering on stove all night and need to can that too, and use up the rest of the tomatoes as there is at least a bushel of ripe ones, before they go bad 😳
TheMan wants me to make him an apple pie but I don’t see that happening today as I have way too much on my plate and he still needs to pick all the apples!
Coffee please!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had the sheep out grazing on one of the fill slopes for the barn. I snagged some pics of them eating and what they were eating. I know we've got the forage board that @Baymule set up -- I'll probably post there and perhaps make another board so I can keep track for myself. Got all the grazing done before the eclipse started. The light gets so weird when that happens.
Temps are going to climb again this week into the low 90s 🙁 I guess summer hasn't given up the battle yet.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mother Hen: My Mother refused to come to my first marriage, cus he was an Adventist. Daddy forced her, cus her parents (my grandparents) came all the way out from Philly to see their first Grand get married.

At my second marriage, to a man whom Mother loved(s), she refused to go even tho we held it in her townhome community at her club house. Why? Cus Daddy and his new wife were there. Sheesh.

When I remarried hubs a couple of years ago, Mother came. It was just in DD's backyard with only family. SIL got a one day "marriage dude certificate" so he was official.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve been up awhile, nobody has showed up with coffee yet so I made some. LOL
It was 68 in the house when I got up. No, I didn’t turn on the heat. It’s going to be a sunny day, high of 68F. The afternoon sun hits the back of the house and warms it up. I still have the AC on, set on 74. It’s that cold/hot time of year where the heat and AC run on the same day. Sometimes I open windows but not at night, because of humidity. There’s a heavy dew and I don’t want to wake up with soggy covers. . LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m being stalked by ads for feeder calves
REALLY??? Like the one haunting me for a gorgeous Angus X, due to calve in late Nov??? :th :he

Having late morning coffee and thinking it thru. I successfully went to, and left before start, of our local auction yesterday. It was raining and I "had" to check out a group of 5 Boer being sold. They were ok but, not as good as pics had made me hope. Then a Charlaois (sp) steer caught my eye. HUGE...had been being raised by teen 4Hr who didn't keep at it because he was too uncooperative. Well -- rain, no trailer, huge & non compliant beef. I had to leave that temptation. 🤣🤣 plus a dog eyeing me for a ride home :oops: not today, self!! Leave. Stay strong.

Calmly having coffee and proud I left all that there. It's lunch time. Not hungry. Wet out after 1.18" of rain yesterday but, sunshine & a cool 58 now. Things to do. Gotta get out there. Lot of jobs this week, so need to be sure "check & prep" gets done.