Coffee anyone ?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just snapped the shaft and head of my garden fork in half. :mad: Now I need to buy a replacement. Not sure what type I should get since I am using it to pry flakes / layers of a round bale vs lifting loose hay. I was using fence as a pivot point when I snapped handle. :confused:
Husky Spading Fork $50
Razor 5tine Manure Fork $50
Craftsman Manure Fork $60
Craftsman Bedding Fork $64
Razor 3tine hay fork $64
It’s a lot less effort to peel the layers off, one at a time, versus trying to dig out several layers with a hay fork. I peel off layers for my horse, wearing leather gloves, and put it in a wagon to take it to her.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just snapped the shaft and head of my garden fork in half. :mad: Now I need to buy a replacement. Not sure what type I should get since I am using it to pry flakes / layers of a round bale vs lifting loose hay. I was using fence as a pivot point when I snapped handle. :confused:
Husky Spading Fork $50
Razor 5tine Manure Fork $50
Craftsman Manure Fork $60
Craftsman Bedding Fork $64
Razor 3tine hay fork $64
Manure forks are NOT strong.

If you are using that much force, maybe you need a pry bar... or a saw?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s a darn good idea. I’m gonna research heat tape, since I’ve never used it or know anything about it. Thanks!
Heat tape works well...

Don't crimp it, don't double it up.

Put it where it will not get chewed or worn.

Best is to wrap the heat tape around the pipes, cover the heat taped pipe with pipe foam insulation, duct tape the pipe foam insulation in place.

All the above is to reduce/eliminate fire risk.

Then, plug the heat tape end into a thermo cube. Probably one rated at 45F.

You do not want it on all the time... it will use too much electricity.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan can you get the doctor to call the surgeon for an apptmt? Trust me, if they know each other, they'll get you into surgery faster than you calling.

Push them to get it over with.👍
Supposedly it is a "make insurance happy" game.....

Not sure I can get the surgery set up... until AFTER I get both the MRI, and a physical therapy appointment :idunno

Also... no way am I getting surgery in this tiny town :rolleyes: I will have to see who does this kind of thing up in Anchorage.... find reviews etc....

I got the MRI, first available is on the 30th... and PT is the 31

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yikes on the shoulder! Don’t beat yourself up - we all would’ve done the same trying to power through. At least it’s coming at a down time of year and not the beginning of spring. Hope everything goes far and well.
Perhaps arnica or essential oils for the pain??
Thanks

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Manure forks are NOT strong.

If you are using that much force, maybe you need a pry bar... or a saw?
The one I broke was a plastic and aluminum bedding rake so not too strong. I tried the saw idea and didn't make much difference. :( Just having issues with way roll has tilted against fence pinning the hay tight.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Supposedly it is a "make insurance happy" game.....

Not sure I can get the surgery set up... until AFTER I get both the MRI, and a physical therapy appointment :idunno

Also... no way am I getting surgery in this tiny town :rolleyes: I will have to see who does this kind of thing up in Anchorage.... find reviews etc....

I got the MRI, first available is on the 30th... and PT is the 31
Yeah it’s the insurance game for sure. Had the same issue with the melanoma. Insurance had to approve before anything could be done. Stay on top of it so you don’t get lost in their paper pile.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Best is to wrap the heat tape around the pipes, cover the heat taped pipe with pipe foam insulation, duct tape the pipe foam insulation in place.
Exactly. Mine works wonderfully. If you can't find a heat cube, get a timer switch. They're everywhere at Christmas. I got my heat cubes at Jeffers. Some of your big box stores will have...

I use one of the timers if I need to use heated tubs. I can run on a few hrs, off a few.

Long day at work -- reset a huge pet food area and came home without buying cat food! :barnie:he. Just not wanting to go back out....they'll get canned. I always keep some for other reasons but I'll be a hit with that treat. 😄

Scheduled to work tomorrow but thinking I may not. I can move the jobs as far as next week. Prob will go Sat, while its raining and I can't mow or fence in that. I need a day with farm fun!! 3 days of work deserves a break 💕👍😎 tomorrow sounds good.

Last edited: