Coffee anyone ?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
The kissing monster woke me up way too early for his breakfast. Now he’s in trouble for trying to crowd TheMan while he eats his own. He’s such a greedy gus! As for me, I’m enjoying late morning coffee before going out to do chores then spending the rest of the day peeling, cooking and canning. Then all that will be left is to make and can salsa before starting on the apples ☺️

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

It's all by the ALMOST empty coffee pot so fix a cup (yup, i said fix a cup it's AUTUMN=COLDER WEATHER=I BACK TO MAKING FULL POTS SEEING HOW FH IS BACK TO DRINKING HOT COFFEE NOW) or make a glass of Iced Coffee. I turned the heat on just to take the chill out of the air and also so FH work shirts will dry.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Brrrr....fall weather this morning! 47 outside only 63 in my house 😳😵‍💫 that's chilly!! I don't even let AC get to these temps. 🤣. Feels like a cellar in my living room. Leaving for work soon as I finish this cup of coffee, so it'll be this way when I get home. I'll do an hr of heat then. Last night I turned the heated mattress pad on in the bed 👍 just warmed those sheets before climbing in, turned it off then. So nice! Slept well, relaxed. Cold sheets are not good.

Enjoy your day everyone! :yesss: :frow

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Brrrr....fall weather this morning! 47 outside only 63 in my house 😳😵‍💫 that's chilly!! I don't even let AC get to these temps. 🤣. Feels like a cellar in my living room. Leaving for work soon as I finish this cup of coffee, so it'll be this way when I get home. I'll do an hr of heat then. Last night I turned the heated mattress pad on in the bed 👍 just warmed those sheets before climbing in, turned it off then. So nice! Slept well, relaxed. Cold sheets are not good.

Enjoy your day everyone! :yesss: :frow
I hear ya....

We decided to turn on the space heater on the bedroom side of the house.

Set it at 55. So much nicer.

The few inches of snow that we got has been rained to death... back up to 45ish.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
61a3498878bacc97a785073f0bdfbb9b.gif

I have coffee reheating if anyone would like some. I'm doing a "Me Day" today, need to catch up on sleep plus FH is out of town for a couple days (might be home tomorrow but depends on how messed up the drive lane is).

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So..... my shoulder has been hurting...

I was waiting for it to get better... didn't... it actually felt like it was getting worse....

So, during my RL Saturday morning coffee group, I asked all the old folks there what they thought...

They all voted for me to get seen by a doc. :rolleyes:

So.... Monday I called, got to see a doc same day... surprisingly... and yeah, a full doc. not a PA or what have ya.

So.... doc said "hum" and then said I shouldn't be favoring it... because that would cause me to have a "frozen shoulder". I looked at her and said, nope, there are some ways that I will NOT move that arm. Nope.

So, she ordered an x-ray.

I got x-rayed. That was bad, but not horrid. X-ray guy didn't ask me to move it in a way I refuse to move it.... so... whatever.

X-rays came back, doc said "wow, it almost looks like your shoulder is dislocated, because of the way the bone is sitting" I said "no, it isn't dislocated, but maybe torn" so.... she went... got a doc who specializes in sich things to look at it... came back, with "yep, torn, you need an MRI, and then surgery"

So.... :tongue:tongue:tongue

It hurts worse now... I don't think because I had to hold it funny for the x-ray.... but because now I KNOW it is NOT getting better, and it will take gobs all of time before it gets fixed.

MRI, earliest available is the 30th.

And in hindsight... I think I have been making it worse... like it started with a little tear... and I made it tear worse because I kept doing stuff I shouldn't have done with a torn shoulder....

:th

And now I am just tired... tired of being in pain all the blasted time... and #$%#@&!!! angry that I made it worse... and have to wait weeks... maybe months, and spend gobs of money....

But... supposedly this kind of surgery is usually easy and successful.

So... good... :th

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
So..... my shoulder has been hurting...

I was waiting for it to get better... didn't... it actually felt like it was getting worse....

So, during my RL Saturday morning coffee group, I asked all the old folks there what they thought...

They all voted for me to get seen by a doc. :rolleyes:

So.... Monday I called, got to see a doc same day... surprisingly... and yeah, a full doc. not a PA or what have ya.

So.... doc said "hum" and then said I shouldn't be favoring it... because that would cause me to have a "frozen shoulder". I looked at her and said, nope, there are some ways that I will NOT move that arm. Nope.

So, she ordered an x-ray.

I got x-rayed. That was bad, but not horrid. X-ray guy didn't ask me to move it in a way I refuse to move it.... so... whatever.

X-rays came back, doc said "wow, it almost looks like your shoulder is dislocated, because of the way the bone is sitting" I said "no, it isn't dislocated, but maybe torn" so.... she went... got a doc who specializes in sich things to look at it... came back, with "yep, torn, you need an MRI, and then surgery"

So.... :tongue:tongue:tongue

It hurts worse now... I don't think because I had to hold it funny for the x-ray.... but because now I KNOW it is NOT getting better, and it will take gobs all of time before it gets fixed.

MRI, earliest available is the 30th.

And in hindsight... I think I have been making it worse... like it started with a little tear... and I made it tear worse because I kept doing stuff I shouldn't have done with a torn shoulder....

:th

And now I am just tired... tired of being in pain all the blasted time... and #$%#@&!!! angry that I made it worse... and have to wait weeks... maybe months, and spend gobs of money....

But... supposedly this kind of surgery is usually easy and successful.

So... good... :th
Yikes on the shoulder! Don’t beat yourself up - we all would’ve done the same trying to power through. At least it’s coming at a down time of year and not the beginning of spring. Hope everything goes far and well.
Perhaps arnica or essential oils for the pain??