Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all! I’m back from my travels. Coffee is ready, strong enough to float a horseshoe. Got honey and cream to tame it down.
I left Monday morning at 4:45 to go to @Mike CHS and Teresa’s in Tennessee. Got back last night after 8:00, a 13 hour trip. Yep, I bought another ram from them. @farmerjan drove down and we all had a good time. Still dark outside, waiting on daylight so I can go outside and do chores and see how Rocky the Ram fared on his first night.
I’ll post pictures and details later on my journal. Going to Sheriff’s Breakfast this morning after outside chores. Free breakfast, make a donation and he uses the money for scholarships for any Trinity County high school graduate who wants to go to trade school. Worthy cause. Also got to take truck, get it inspected and new license tag. Halfway across Tennessee I realized it expired in October of 22. Oops. Luckily I did not get stopped and a big fat out of state ticket. Going for second cup of coffee, then out to do chores, Sheriff’s Breakfast, truck, back home.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all! I’m back from my travels. Coffee is ready, strong enough to float a horseshoe. Got honey and cream to tame it down.
I left Monday morning at 4:45 to go to @Mike CHS and Teresa’s in Tennessee. Got back last night after 8:00, a 13 hour trip. Yep, I bought another ram from them. @farmerjan drove down and we all had a good time. Still dark outside, waiting on daylight so I can go outside and do chores and see how Rocky the Ram fared on his first night.
I’ll post pictures and details later on my journal. Going to Sheriff’s Breakfast this morning after outside chores. Free breakfast, make a donation and he uses the money for scholarships for any Trinity County high school graduate who wants to go to trade school. Worthy cause. Also got to take truck, get it inspected and new license tag. Halfway across Tennessee I realized it expired in October of 22. Oops. Luckily I did not get stopped and a big fat out of state ticket. Going for second cup of coffee, then out to do chores, Sheriff’s Breakfast, truck, back home.
"OOPS, it expired Oct 22 ???? " I have to laugh... only a year out of date.... :lol::gig:gig:th:th:he:he

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, sounds like a great trip! Hope y'all had a wonderful time together! Glad you didn't get pulled over Bay!
I blinked at about 12:30 last night after some fun, and it was time for my alarm to go off. Got breakfast made and about to run and get some coffee before I go get my horse and get ready to put on a 4-H/FFA contest.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well MY ticket for expired inspection was dismissed as I had it done right away--proof in court. However, the killer was still had to pay "court costs"...$79. 😡

Yesterday I had stayed home from work, to work here. Instead I spent the day running for parts! A $70 bolt for truck engine 😳 only in stock 40 miles away...or ship in, next week. Got that done and start tractor, leaking hydraulic line. Cuss and head out for hoses & connectors, $90. DS began working that for me, today back to putting engine back in place. I'm concerned for "turn the key" results. 🥴 it works or I truck shop :th I'm in a hold pattern for some other farm spending until this is decided. It's been months. 😖 some kick-a$$ talks have this as priority now. Hoping finished in next week at most. It's stressful.🫤🙄☕🙏. Truck is 20 yr old....but good until it wasn't.

Sooooooo....home again today. Hoping things go better for my wannas getting done. 😂. Can't go much worse IMO. But the day is young. More coffee!!!!! :old

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses before you go truck shopping... seriously look into a reman engine... get a mechanic's shop to put it in... cost around 5-8,000...installed... yep a bunch...they have 3 year warranties... that is what I did with both the forester and the outback.... BUT.... better than buying a newer used one that someone else is selling... at least you know what little quirks yours has... and not near the electronic CRAP on the newer ones... or....GOD FORBID you go look at new.... HOLY COW.... have your heart attack now...

That is why I have the mechanics shop do the work... instead of waiting on my DS ... because it never gets done... we both have some of those same issues...

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

It's all by the coffee pot so fix a cup or glass of Iced Coffee then enjoy this Friday morning.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan NO NEW...they cost more than I'd ever consider, plus all the electronics. What's being done in this engine wasn't a rebuild but wish I'd taken to shop for this and been done! Yeah, other priorities for my DS. a rebuilt engine will happen if that is needed. I'm always on the lookout for the old truck that was only driven for fun by an old fart & can't drive now :lol: :lol:

Some of these new ones cost more than the current balance on my mortgage!! Insane. How do these people make those payments? 🥴🤔😳 we're both from the era of $3.50 an hr pay. 😂. Heck, I babysat for 25 cent an hr!!

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember babysitting for 25 cents and putting $1 in my tank got me back and forth to the stable for a week when I was 16.

Fen woke me to get him breakfast. I feel like a potato chip bag, all crinkled and making noise as I unfold from the bed. Apparently we have “canning muscles” and mine are hurting 😂
I will take today off and let my wrists and hands recover…and my back…ankles…oddly, inflammation seems to have a detectable odor as Fen alerts to it, and sniffs the back of my L ear. I can’t even describe how weird that seems to be. Hopefully I can go out and hide his elk antler and he can wear himself out sniffing for it. He’s super good at scent detection! Now if I could get him to make and bring me coffee, it would sure be helpful. He’s holding my shoe hostage instead :he
I put some horse detangler on his “pants” which brushed out easily and let me remove some of his undercoat. He has the thickest, most luxuriest coat! Heathen’s wasn’t so thick, but he shed constantly. I could never understand why he would grow so much hair if he wasn’t gonna keep it? I wonder if his cancer had anything to do with it. It still hangs over us like a shadow. We both miss him. He had so much personality! And we could read each other’s minds. I’m glad Fen lets me hug and kiss on him. It helps on those days that Heath’s absence seems so loud.

He loved nicknames. He comes especially fast if I call him “Fubar” or “Furball” such a weirdo! 😂
Here’s wishing you all a beautiful fall day!

Latest posts