Coffee anyone ?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! I definitely needed it. Typical Saturday here, going to go down a Red Bull, and run. Barn after, then a fall festival, a stop at the grocery store, hopefully some homework (I can dream), and game night with the neighbors.
Y'all have a beautiful day and enjoy this fall weather!

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
LGD groom day today. If we reach the forecast 91 then it’s bath time for a couple of them. The Komondor x Pyrenees coat is a mess. He develops cords no matter what I do and he needs a trim and comb out. Probably some conditioner. Acorns are beginning to fall but the sheep don’t seem to have any issues eating them. Hogs will be prowling around to eat them too. The state has new hog poisoning schemes afoot which I hate to see given that they haven’t done much good in years past, affect non target species and spoil the meat for those of us who invite Mr. Hog to dinner. But they don’t check with me :lol:
PS I know feral hogs are a problem.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother I can send you babies to hug! :lol: Boer are yr round breeders, remember? Yeah, that always kidding season -- you got rid of.

But, it appears this buck has also bred my dairy for mid winter kids -- he savaged the fences! 😡 this positively means a cold winter. It's like hanging clothes & hoping for no rain, even with clouds. :th

Yeah, I know better!!! He'll be in "Ft Knox" or my freezer if this keeps up. 🤣 they say Boer meat is the best -- never butchered one in all these yrs. Will do at least a kid, 2024.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Boer are yr round breeders, remember? Yeah, that always kidding season -- you got rid of.
Myotonic and Kiko are both suposed to be year round - but there was no action happening earlier in the year. I put the Myo's together in May. Nada, nothing, no babies in sight. Maybe somebody forgot to tell them!
My Kiko/Nubian cross does also don't cycle off-season.... :( Stoopid goats...:idunno

The only ones I've had that absolutely bred year-round were the pygmies.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love my husband enabling my hobbies. My oldest sewing machine broke it's bobbin tensioner last night. I pulled out my younger machine and the box with presser foot shank and feet is GONE. Hubby told to just buy a new machine so I could finish costumes.

This is my FIRST brand new machine.
20231020_222854.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love my husband enabling my hobbies. My oldest sewing machine broke it's bobbin tensioner last night. I pulled out my younger machine and the box with presser foot shank and feet is GONE. Hubby told to just buy a new machine so I could finish costumes.

This is my FIRST brand new machine.
View attachment 102373
Hey -- I've got an older version of that one - it's a workhorse!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cold...

We are now in the 20s... and... being upset about my mom has gotten me to stress spend???? So unlike me!

Anyway... bought a brand new wood stove! I have disliked the one we have owned... for 15 years. The old one, stupidly, is a catalytic model.

So... our current wood stove still works... we didn't NEED a new one.... but the new one should burn WAY better than the old one... and, this new one is last years model, so last year's shipping price. Also, currently on sale at 10% off.

It will take maybe 2 weeks before we can pick it up and install it...

In the meantime... no fire... we are all too busy to bother... especially since our current stove is a pain for many ressons...

Which means... THIS HOUSE IS COLD.

Latest posts