Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another chilly morning AND awoke at 4am again! 🥴😡. Don't like either thing. But up and having my coffee...cold 68 inside, 47 out. Long John's day. Too up & down for full time heater --- so a room unit 👍 with extra clothes. My "I miss summer" days.😁

Couple days ago I received some garlic I had ordered for planting. Yah!! Need to get those cloves planted this week. Excited for fresh, homegrown garlic next year. I love it for cooking. But it's first year I've remembered to order it to grow. Usually, sold out when I get to it. Guess a LOT of us like garlic. :lol: I got 3 varieties. 🤷

Made a good beef stew yesterday and cooked a bunch of sweet potatoes. Couple sweets were thinking to go bad, couple spots, so trimmed & cooked all others looking sad & packaged into freezer fare. Butternuts are still solid. Dehydrated about 30 apples also. Yep, checking the storage for anything giving up on me too early. Need to find my nut crackers as I have a bunch of pecans to crack. The fresh ones are dropping and I want to use these last yr ones up. It's fall, food things going on.😁 Waiting for a local farmer to let me get leftover pumpkins from his fields....animal feed.👍

Hope y'all are having a good October. 🥰

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Furball woke me early but I was too tired to feed him. I’m on day 3 of a horrific flare so he’s been good about cutting me some slack.
He had my meds on the floor with 4 loose pills underneath. I don’t think he ate any 🤞🏼. Finally fed him @ 7:00. Would love to readjust his schedule.
Using redlight therapy on most painful areas. It seems to be helping! I’ll know more after my trip to feed chicks and rabids. TheMan actually DID feed for me past 2 days.
Hoping he brings me coffee 😂 Im too lazy to get my own this morning.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Couple days ago I received some garlic I had ordered for planting. Yah!! Need to get those cloves planted this week. Excited for fresh, homegrown garlic next year. I love it for cooking. But it's first year I've remembered to order it to grow. Usually, sold out when I get to it. Guess a LOT of us like garlic. :lol: I got 3 varieties. 🤷
I got garlic too!
German Extra Hardy (hard neck), Inchelium Red (soft neck) and Transylvania (soft neck)
I always forget to order early too - but managed to order in time this year! Going in the ground in the next few days. I put it off a bit and glad I did with last week in the 90s

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee and coffee cake done, Nephew and his wonderful girlfriend just left - heading back the Phoenix where he's going to school. We all had a wonderful weekend. AND --- he said he wants to eventually have a small farm. ❤️
No wonder they were good with the sheep! @Baymule - you said it - ' Sheep know who they like and who they don’t!'
Weather is cooling down - yay - 57-73! Garlic going in, maybe today even - the garden beds are ready. Want to get back to starting seeds for winter things like lettuce and peas and....??? :) 🌱

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got garlic too!
German Extra Hardy (hard neck), Inchelium Red (soft neck) and Transylvania (soft neck)
I got Nootka Rose, softneck; 2 hardnecks, Krandasger & German Red. 🤣 we both got trips! Have you grown it before?

Have to look up specs but one is later maturing, so I can get spring & late summer harvesting. One I got for color 🤷 I'm sure. But a variety so I can decide if there's a lot of difference in taste. You know, in the grocery, garlic is garlic. :D =D expanding my options.

Couple others they were sold out, maybe next yr I can add them. Hoping to have cloves from these, too. With all the onion seeds I have, my garden will be odorous! May keep some pests out.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got Nootka Rose, softneck; 2 hardnecks, Krandasger & German Red. 🤣 we both got trips! Have you grown it before?
This is my first time growing it. A friend was growing it, but she didn't this year - sooooo well, I'm giving it a whirl. I got the hard neck for the scapes (and the bulbs too). Soft necks are supposed to be better for warmer places like here. It'll be a fun 'experiment'.

Latest posts