Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, woke to 61 in my house -- and 33 outside! Coldest night this fall. Just a hint of what's to come!:oops: the weather report says 70 today and temps increasing to 80 Thur through weekend 👍😁. Indian summer? Well, I'll take it as a "jolt" to get ready and a few nice days to do that!! Guess heat in the house will be used before too long. For now, I'm dressing heavy and fast. 🤣. Just get up is cold.

Off to work today thru Thurs. Then slack again. 😊

Hay will be started before long. Still on grasses by rotating fields but, inevitable. That increases chores. Right now, mostly water refills, minerals, etc. No milking, everyone dried off -- a little earlier than normal. My lists to finish for last winter preps are on top of the pile now! 🤣

We have members in cold and in heat -- weird time of year for adjustments! I'm gonna have a cup of the fresh pot of coffee -- help yourself to some 😁

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid busted the pipe to the oil heater that heats the bedroom side of the house...

Ah well.

He was supposed to just clean it, because it was having trouble running. But... poor kid has grown a foot this summer... and I think his muscles growth-spurt-ed too... he turned a valve and busted it right off!

Anyway... getting parts after this PT is finished (right now my shoulder is in the ice machine thing) ... and kid can learn how to replace the pipe he busted.

Other kid started up the fire... but the fire/woodstove is located in the other end of the house... the living room side...

A little cold last night. Brrrr but we are back to the twenties... so not too bad.

By the way...

My shoulder still hurts... PT is good though... 1 more week until the MRI.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bone scan as in cancer?

Or bone scan, as in just to check for bone density.

:hugs
I have osteoporosis in both femurs, both hips and osteopenia in my spine. Doctor told me not to fall down or I’ll break something. DOES HE NOT KNOW MY LIFESTYLE????? I was really PO’ed. Then the bone doctor wanted to put me on prescription drugs with side effects and I refused. I’m taking a natural substance recommended to me by a friend. Her chiropractor put her on it and she’s doing great. So I go to the bone doctor Friday to get results from scan to see if my bones are getting better. Also see surgeon for knee checkup. Knee is great, no pain! I haven’t slowed down a bit. I’m gonna LIVE my life, not cower in the house because I might break a bone. Bah!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid busted the pipe to the oil heater that heats the bedroom side of the house...

Ah well.

He was supposed to just clean it, because it was having trouble running. But... poor kid has grown a foot this summer... and I think his muscles growth-spurt-ed too... he turned a valve and busted it right off!

Anyway... getting parts after this PT is finished (right now my shoulder is in the ice machine thing) ... and kid can learn how to replace the pipe he busted.

Other kid started up the fire... but the fire/woodstove is located in the other end of the house... the living room side...

A little cold last night. Brrrr but we are back to the twenties... so not too bad.

By the way...

My shoulder still hurts... PT is good though... 1 more week until the MRI.
Bigfoot will learn where to put his feet! Too bad about the broken valve. It will get fixed…..
PT is a good thing, it will help your shoulder. The MRI will let you see your progress. My BJ had a shoulder replacement and the following PT. He was always in so much pain, getting it replaced was awesome. Well, maybe not at first….. LOL

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have osteoporosis in both femurs, both hips and osteopenia in my spine. Doctor told me not to fall down or I’ll break something. DOES HE NOT KNOW MY LIFESTYLE????? I was really PO’ed. Then the bone doctor wanted to put me on prescription drugs with side effects and I refused. I’m taking a natural substance recommended to me by a friend. Her chiropractor put her on it and she’s doing great. So I go to the bone doctor Friday to get results from scan to see if my bones are getting better. Also see surgeon for knee checkup. Knee is great, no pain! I haven’t slowed down a bit. I’m gonna LIVE my life, not cower in the house because I might break a bone. Bah!
Same here, but I’m on the RX - been for almost 4 years and things improved. But I was told I’d be on it for 4 yrs and now there was a message it would be 5 yrs. To me, that’s a bait and switch and will definitely being having a talk with my primary doc next month which is the 4 yr mark.

Latest posts