Coffee anyone ?

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m just not sure I can do it in the winter as my RA has been flaring since the weather changed,
I'm not sure if it will work for you but I used to use (had to at a very young age) osteo biflex or another glucosamine condroitin every winter and better if used all year. I started using the green allergy relief pills and it's helped tremendously. It's the 1 thing that told me it was RA not something else. Years later I read that it could help.
. I may never go to a doctor again!! I don't like what some of y'all are being told about bone health....I still have my original parts, nothing hurts and I think I'll just stay in my world of oblivion. 😁. I'm not getting younger and seem to be a candidate for a "you have, take this" doctor 🤔🤣 Two days ago I had yet another call from INS Co -- to set up a phone appt for a check up !! He//, I can txt that info "I'm fine" ! Stop wasting my time.
I've been to those and those that didn't help at all. I could tell you some Dr. stories. Like why not going when my ribs stuck out of my back when I picked my arm up, a clean shoulder blade brake and a 4" drop in my shoulder, and I didn't bother going to a Dr. But with some real problems I had "my" Dr. say (at a very young age in my opinion) ahh your just getting older. I didn't come to you with MULTIPLE broken bones. If I'm complaining about something it's probably something. 5-6 years later I'm in bad shape and health.
I am tired of hurting... hurt so bad today I just lay in bed... thinking ouch....

Finally decided to sit up... sitting up hurts ya see....

I have had way worse pain... it is just the constant part of it that is full on getting to me.

It hurts to pull the covers up... to sit up... to get dressed... blah.
LOOOOONnnng pain can just wear you down, even if it's not a terribly strong pain.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses its ok to go for a check up, you don’t have to do what the doctor says. I got a packet of papers, list of questions about being sad, depressed, would I be better off dead, can I feed myself, go to bathroom unassisted, use a telephone, do I use a Walker……. Bunch of BS if you ask me. I told the PA I roofed my house in June and I’ll spend the winter building fence, maybe a barn. He asked me about a mammogram and colonostomy (SP?) last year I refused. I told him ok this time. He looked at me and asked if I’d really go. LOL LOL

@SageHill vitamin K2 cleans your arteries

@ Alaskan I’m sorry you are in so much pain. Is it from arthritis?
Did I not mention?

I tore something in my shoulder....

Torn bad enough that the bone is out of position. MRI scheduled for the 30th of this month.

And then on Tuesday I tripped over stuff in the house and fell on it... made it worse.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it will work for you but I used to use (had to at a very young age) osteo biflex or another glucosamine condroitin every winter and better if used all year. I started using the green allergy relief pills and it's helped tremendously. It's the 1 thing that told me it was RA not something else. Years later I read that it could help.

I've been to those and those that didn't help at all. I could tell you some Dr. stories. Like why not going when my ribs stuck out of my back when I picked my arm up, a clean shoulder blade brake and a 4" drop in my shoulder, and I didn't bother going to a Dr. But with some real problems I had "my" Dr. say (at a very young age in my opinion) ahh your just getting older. I didn't come to you with MULTIPLE broken bones. If I'm complaining about something it's probably something. 5-6 years later I'm in bad shape and health.

LOOOOONnnng pain can just wear you down, even if it's not a terribly strong pain.
Wow... getting treated for broken bones is usually a good thing.

But at the same time... I totally get that done doctors are nightmares...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It’s raining here, drizzling, and will probably rain all day.
I worked on front fence row yesterday. My little tractor will not pull T-posts out. I cut the T-post clips on as many as I could get to, chained bucket and a handy plate with 2 holes in it for yanking T-posts and nothing. Bennett came by, went home and got his tractor and we got maybe 1/4 done and he had to stop. He had bent the cylinders doing something else-not on my place-and they were squirting hydraulic oil. The brush, briars and trees are so thick that I can’t even get to the posts on most of the fence. I’d sure like to get those posts out of there, but it looks like it’s not going to happen.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Excellent warm weather, sunshine -- couple days of clean up around house/yard (a wind & rain event made a mess couple weeks ago). DS was helping. Cutting grass as I left and ladder set to get on roof to replace a few shingles and trim on a dormer. I came home mid afternoon. Ladder still up, shingles still gone but, the cats were all wondering why the porch was all wet and their "hidey hole" boxes were in the yard!! 😳🤔🥴 Seems DS felt he'd rather power wash the porch and front of house....this is an 8X40 porch. Well, that's great BUT the roof issues were way more important to fix. That's gotta happen today or I'll need to stay home to direct efforts, instead of Fri-Mon to help. Not my schedule preference & happy for help but, grrrrrr to my plans.

I have a panel of barn roof blown off to put back on also...thankfully not damaged. Have any needed roof patch needed for rip out screw holes 🤷 I can do that myself, and replace 3 pieces of barn vinyl siding. Some other things to straighten up, find 🙄 and a fence repair, thanks goaties!

Then, clean out inside hay area. How'd that stuff get in the way? Who used this for storage? 🤣🤣 and scrub out the big 60 gal winter feed/grain containers....hose& scrub, sunshine to dry. Busy weekend. 👍

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, seems this warm spell has us all here in this area scrambling to get outside stuff done. But, like you said @Mini Horses certain things HAVE TO GET DONE when the weather is cooperating so nicely...
@Baymule .... maybe get enough moisture to make getting out the T-posts a little easier???? Once they have been in the ground like that so long, with the drought making it like concrete... you might not manage it... and I know, HATE wasting them if the bull dozer just shoves and bends them clearing the line....one thing to consider, if they are all bent up, and in the burn piles... they are worth scrap prices once you get the piles burnt down... small consolation...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sure Bay knows to take a few gal jugs of water to pour around those "dirt cemented" posts...hopefully they can be pulled out! At prices today you sure want to salvage all you can!!

I've deleted a couple cross fences, wire pretty done but t-posts were usable. 😊 15-20 at a stretch helped. I've had a few wood posts leaning -- dug out from back side, propped up straight and filled around in the holes with cement. Salvaged & way less work than total remove/replace. Solid again.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all, got a cup of coffee in my hand.
Hoping to pack for a quick trip to Utah after class today. Got a marathon Saturday, so leaving tomorrow. Probably should figure out going to the doctor when I get back, my body doesn't like marathon running, as much as I do.
This warm weather certainly has been nice for finishing random things that need to get done before winter.

Latest posts