Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule .... maybe get enough moisture to make getting out the T-posts a little easier???? Once they have been in the ground like that so long, with the drought making it like concrete... you might not manage it... and I know, HATE wasting them if the bull dozer just shoves and bends them clearing the line....one thing to consider, if they are all bent up, and in the burn piles... they are worth scrap prices once you get the piles burnt down... small consolation...

I'm sure Bay knows to take a few gal jugs of water to pour around those "dirt cemented" posts...hopefully they can be pulled out! At prices today you sure want to salvage all you can!!

I've deleted a couple cross fences, wire pretty done but t-posts were usable. 😊 15-20 at a stretch helped. I've had a few wood posts leaning -- dug out from back side, propped up straight and filled around in the holes with cement. Salvaged & way less work than total remove/replace. Solid again.

Oh y’all are so funny! Moisture! Pour a couple gallons of water on the posts! Yeah, right (said sarcastically)
Storming, neighbor texted FOUR INCHES OF RAIN and it’s still coming down! 😀😀

What y’all aren’t realizing is the brush, green briar vines, freaking TREES and some of it is 20 feet from the fence. I can’t even get to the posts. Bennett was pushing it back enough with his tractor, but with blowing hydraulic fluid all over the place, he had to quit. Maybe I can push some back with my tractor, drop a chain and that T-post doo-dad on the post and with WELL SATURATED MUD—yank the durned post out. Maybe.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh y’all are so funny! Moisture! Pour a couple gallons of water on the posts! Yeah, right (said sarcastically)
Storming, neighbor texted FOUR INCHES OF RAIN and it’s still coming down! 😀😀

What y’all aren’t realizing is the brush, green briar vines, freaking TREES and some of it is 20 feet from the fence. I can’t even get to the posts. Bennett was pushing it back enough with his tractor, but with blowing hydraulic fluid all over the place, he had to quit. Maybe I can push some back with my tractor, drop a chain and that T-post doo-dad on the post and with WELL SATURATED MUD—yank the durned post out. Maybe.
Didn't realize the area was so overgrown out into the field. And I was referring to hoping you were getting enough rain to soften the ground.
The bulldozer might push them over and into a pile and make some of them salvageable... I am all for recycling but it might not be worth the time and effort on your part... seriously.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't realize the area was so overgrown out into the field. And I was referring to hoping you were getting enough rain to soften the ground.
The bulldozer might push them over and into a pile and make some of them salvageable... I am all for recycling but it might not be worth the time and effort on your part... seriously.
Oh I think the ground will definitely be softened up after all this! I don’t know if I can fight all the overgrowth to claim a T-post. Some of the posts are wrapped in vines. One post has a tree grown around it at the base, looks like it’s a T-post tree.
And the fun part is, the back field is much worse! Maybe next year for that one.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh I think the ground will definitely be softened up after all this! I don’t know if I can fight all the overgrowth to claim a T-post. Some of the posts are wrapped in vines. One post has a tree grown around it at the base, looks like it’s a T-post tree.
And the fun part is, the back field is much worse! Maybe next year for that one.
:th :th :th :th :duc:duc:duc:idunno:idunno:hit:hit

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
@CLSranch Hey .... How the HE// are you????? How's the family, work situation? Have you gotten any rain out there? We are not near as dry as some places, but for here we are in severe drought conditions.....
Not bad. Family is good. Middle child 4 yr old went with me to cut wood/clear brush today. 1 of my side/stay home jobs. Got 1" over the last few days of combined rain. Still an inch a month. North and south of here have more. That work and the close ranch is getting me half of what the bills are. YAY. Also I blew out the end of my finger today. I threw a log in the trailer that was supposed to land between 2 others, but caught one of the logs and slammed the other end against the angle iron door frame. Thank goodness I was wearing gloves which is only half the time or less. Boy did that hurt like the dickens for 5 minutes. Still bleeding 8 hrs later.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
images

There's at least 3/4 pot of coffee that's waiting on others to drink it with me. If coffee isn't your thing there's Tea Bags and Hot Cocoa packets by the coffee pot also. I'm about to go make me a 2nd cup so hopefully when FH leaves for work I can stay motivated to finish decorating some more sugar cookies so that way while they are drying I can make more Choc Chip cookies (wouldn't have had to make more if a certain cookie monster would have stayed out of them but I'm NOT NAMING NAME) after I make a quick walk to the closet store later on after it opens at 9 for more butter. Yes, once I get the treat bowl bags totally packed I'll take pics and post them for Y'all.

Latest posts