Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was a busy day....huge trailer of "clean up & out" -- old fence that had been removed over weeks, broken, worn out, no goods, etc -- taken to dump!0 And inside, got my closet turned pantry set up. Boxes of clean, empty canning jars, canned foods together...

Start...

IMG_20231026_185556064.jpg

End...
IMG_20231027_152101870_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231027_152112613_HDR.jpg

These were in boxes...overstock for kitchen. See why I must "eat from pantry, don't shop"? Freezer full, too. And, I had no garden this year. 2024 could be a problem with garden, canning, etc. Thinking another walk in closet, with shelves for canner, pots, food saver, other such on one wall...may get a full set of shelving on the long wall for canned foods! 🤔🥴it's 10' with straight wall, this is under stairs, obviously. Then this can empty for another use. :lol:

This morning my coffee time is about over. Dishwasher & washer working. Hang the clothes finish cleaning up inside...my found kitchen table will get polished ( from moving canned stuff). By then, grass will be dry & I'll have tractor time,👍

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
We don't have a closed trailer and floor is grating. Oreo would be soaked from all sides and get sick. How do I tell Cassandra we can't do the sheep show?!
Do you have a coat for her? Do you have a plastic dog crate she'd fit in? Then you could still use the trailer. Can you cover the floor with something? Or - tarps over the car seats? I've noticed in many years of hauling animals that they usually only pee when the vehicle is stopped....rarely in motion. Hope you figure something out!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's an old cabinet, doors removed, repurposed. I didn't want to paint, so added the shelf paper...easy to wipe out. It's sturdy but, will toss when spring brings time for DS to build shelves in other closet. Or may go to barn when I return tall one there.🤣 Used what I had hanging around!!! No $ spent.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses your canning closet looks fabulous! Lots work in those colorful shiny jars!

Thanks for the coffee @Mother Hen i sure need it. I woke up tired. Didn’t get much sleep night before last, dogs barking at coyotes, had to get up and leave by 5:15, got back at 2PM. I was going to be up early to light 2 burn piles, but Mr Idontwanna, showed up. It’s not windy, I’m slowly getting it together, so maybe I’ll do burn piles.

@Margali im hoping the rain let up and y’all made it to the show.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Margali im so sorry. I know Cassandra is disappointed and you too. If the roads are flooded, even with a trailer, you wouldn’t want to be out in that. Word of advice, don’t get the small animal trailer. They move all over the road at higher speeds. I have a 16’ stock trailer, a little short height wise for a horse, but it works.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Talk short? I have "mini horse" size 🤣. But perfect for goats. They aren't tall enough for a full size horse...only 5'2" inside height. So, I have to bend my head at 5'3" 🥴. But pd for and pulls great. 4 horse, with escape door & equipment compartment. Hay fits! Now my 2 horse one, no luxuries 😁. But soooo cute.

Latest posts