Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan NO NEW...they cost more than I'd ever consider, plus all the electronics. What's being done in this engine wasn't a rebuild but wish I'd taken to shop for this and been done! Yeah, other priorities for my DS. a rebuilt engine will happen if that is needed. I'm always on the lookout for the old truck that was only driven for fun by an old fart & can't drive now :lol: :lol:

Some of these new ones cost more than the current balance on my mortgage!! Insane. How do these people make those payments? 🥴🤔😳 we're both from the era of $3.50 an hr pay. 😂. Heck, I babysat for 25 cent an hr!!
A guy DS knows just bought a 1/2 ton chevy....4x4... with every possible bell and whistle on it... 103,000.... OUT OF THEIR MIND... now 10 year financing available... Yeah... more than my house on 2 acres cost.... NUTS......

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, babysitting for .25 and .50... got 1.00/hr when I had 2 families kids together at one house....
To me $10/hr is exceptional wages yet they are paying $13-15 at McD's for UNSKILLED people... totally out of reach for me to comprehend.... and everytime wages go up, the cost of everything goes up so there is no winning... no one seems to get that...

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all! I’m back from my travels. Coffee is ready, strong enough to float a horseshoe. Got honey and cream to tame it down.
I left Monday morning at 4:45 to go to @Mike CHS and Teresa’s in Tennessee. Got back last night after 8:00, a 13 hour trip. Yep, I bought another ram from them. @farmerjan drove down and we all had a good time. Still dark outside, waiting on daylight so I can go outside and do chores and see how Rocky the Ram fared on his first night.
I’ll post pictures and details later on my journal. Going to Sheriff’s Breakfast this morning after outside chores. Free breakfast, make a donation and he uses the money for scholarships for any Trinity County high school graduate who wants to go to trade school. Worthy cause. Also got to take truck, get it inspected and new license tag. Halfway across Tennessee I realized it expired in October of 22. Oops. Luckily I did not get stopped and a big fat out of state ticket. Going for second cup of coffee, then out to do chores, Sheriff’s Breakfast, truck, back home.
Awe man, you all live so "close together" - sitting here in my corner of the US almost all alone. OK jealous, but that's the way it goes. Though 13 hours one way = not really that close. 12 hours puts me in Albuquerque 🤣

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of my nephews is here with his girlfriend for the weekend, having a great time. They're off to the beach today.
But they got to see some of what Obi does. He was so good. I wanted the sheep to get into one of the avocado trees to show them his "tree" command - but ya' know dogs making a liar out of us. The stinker decided to make himself a fence between them and the scattered trees. That dog is holding out on me - preventing them from even getting to those avocados! :lol:
Surprise of surprises - the sheep liked them and took animal crackers from them! I've tried with other people and it was a no go. Today it was this.........
IMG_0934.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone, I know I will.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of my nephews is here with his girlfriend for the weekend, having a great time. They're off to the beach today.
But they got to see some of what Obi does. He was so good. I wanted the sheep to get into one of the avocado trees to show them his "tree" command - but ya' know dogs making a liar out of us. The stinker decided to make himself a fence between them and the scattered trees. That dog is holding out on me - preventing them from even getting to those avocados! :lol:
Surprise of surprises - the sheep liked them and took animal crackers from them! I've tried with other people and it was a no go. Today it was this.........
View attachment 102353
SHORTS!!!! THEY ARE WEARING SHORTS!!!

:ep

We are in the 20s today. :hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
View attachment 102353
Well you just never know……. Sheep know who they like and who they don’t!

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
happy-saturday-just-wanted-to-say-good-morning-and-make-sure-everyone-has-their-coffee.gif

There's about 1-2 cups left in the pot so fix a cup or glass of Iced Coffee then enjoy this AM. I only made 1/2 pot this AM seeing how I finished off the leftover from yesterday first.
FH just got up so now it's time to see him off to work time. He's hoping he'll be home early today so we can start decorating for Halloween because we have a 7 foot INFLATABLE Grim Reaper and 8 foot INFLATABLE Spider along with a few small decorations including a couple string light set (and one of those sets plays creepy sounds when there is motion next to it).
I can honestly say FH works with OVER DRAMATIC overgrown 2 year old's whose favorite blankie is in the wash seeing how he has to get there before anyone else so NONE of them know he's driving a company pickup truck. Our car is at the shop waiting for one of the mechanics to look at it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up unexplainably early 🙄😵‍💫. Ate breakfast at 4:30ish. Way too early! I'm still sleepy, having first cuppa now, to wake up. Apptmt at 9, so no napping until after that 🤣 but I see it happening. Siesta at lunch 👍🤫

Staying Fall coolish....guess it's here to stay. I'd be glad if nothing colder happened. Yeah, I'm suggesting this weather stay through Winter. 🥰🤣🤣 I'd love it!!

Noticed a Boer doe bagging, so will be watching her close. Probably next 2 wks she will kid. Better double check the other 4 who may be getting ready. Sneaky girls.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Staying Fall coolish....guess it's here to stay. I'd be glad if nothing colder happened. Yeah, I'm suggesting this weather stay through Winter. 🥰🤣🤣 I'd love it!!
Just a tiny bit jealous of your cool weather. We had it for a week, but the last few days have been around 90 again - 91 today. Ugh.

Noticed a Boer doe bagging, so will be watching her close. Probably next 2 wks she will kid. Better double check the other 4 who may be getting ready. Sneaky girls.
Wow! I'm just getting does bred. Anxious for little ones. I need to squeeze baby goats, lol.

Latest posts