Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ahhh...sunshine! No rain! No wind!👍😁🥰 Wonderful.

Chilly 37, a "wet" feel with all the moisture but, so much better than past week. I'll go to work today, then home 4 days. Too wet to plow but, good for pounding t-posts. Too wet to pull wire but be ready!

Slept late and loved it! Getting to be a frequent thing now ☺️ It's ok. Nothing pressing for me 👍 well, don't as the goats about that. 😵‍💫

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I was catching up here, and actually just finished reading about the bird and the car and @Sequestered Ridge Ranch and those birds. I kept hearing a light thunk, thunk, thunk and figured one of the dogs was getting into trouble. I told the dogs close to me to stay and snuck out into the kitchen/dining room -- no dog, then a thunk!
Someone was trying to get IN !!!
Roadie !!
Looking in....

Gotta find the right spot........
IMG_4388.jpeg

Here it is.............
IMG_4389.jpeg

(yes I was that close)
and....... THUNK !! (over and over until I slowly stood up and carefully sent him/her on their way. A first for this.
IMG_4372.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4389 (1).jpeg
    IMG_4389 (1).jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 32

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I was catching up here, and actually just finished reading about the bird and the car and @Sequestered Ridge Ranch and those birds. I kept hearing a light thunk, thunk, thunk and figured one of the dogs was getting into trouble. I told the dogs close to me to stay and snuck out into the kitchen/dining room -- no dog, then a thunk!
Someone was trying to get IN !!!
Roadie !!
Looking in....

Gotta find the right spot........
View attachment 104727

Here it is.............
View attachment 104728
(yes I was that close)
and....... THUNK !! (over and over until I slowly stood up and carefully sent him/her on their way. A first for this.
View attachment 104729
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks mixed breeds... Berkshire have white feet, white on face but normally have upright ears... Reddish color is the color of the Duroc breed with drooping ears... Spotted hogs (yes a breed) have the large spots like the sow and pigs in the one picture. Tamworth is another reddish breed, and has more upright ears... Poland China hogs have the drooping ears, some white underline/feet and some spots... there are the red/brown poland china's and the spotted poland china's so could very well have some of that in them.

I would say they are a mix of a couple breeds... definitely looks like some Berkshire and mixed with others.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks mixed breeds... Berkshire have white feet, white on face but normally have upright ears... Reddish color is the color of the Duroc breed with drooping ears... Spotted hogs (yes a breed) have the large spots like the sow and pigs in the one picture. Tamworth is another reddish breed, and has more upright ears... Poland China hogs have the drooping ears, some white underline/feet and some spots... there are the red/brown poland china's and the spotted poland china's so could very well have some of that in them.

I would say they are a mix of a couple breeds... definitely looks like some Berkshire and mixed with others.
Basically he just let them be and now a bunch of mixed breeding with some inbreeding probably based on what this situation looks like. Now it has gotten out of control, seems his kids are stepping in and saying enough is enough as there is only 10 acres for these oinkers. Heard he has Kunekune in there when I talk to him. Perfect for my situation as I just need to gley ponds and eat them, not looking to be register breeder or anything like that, at least not yet.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL...you'll have breeding if both boys & girls In you're coming 12. Maybe even girls carrying babes 🫣 There are days I consider buying a couple for freezer fill again -- then, I wake up!! 🤣 But was excellent pork.

Frosty 30 & sun this morn. Lowest temp in a couple weeks. It's actually been a "normal" mild winter here. 👍 I'm colder hearing some of y'all's weather, than here -- which is why I'm here, just moaning!! 🥰

🤔Wonder what I'll get to today -- coffee, then decide.