Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Save me from husband's YouTube education. He found a single video of someone welding t-posts together to make H brace. Now he wants to do that for all off our fence corners. 😡
Lets just hope he didn't get his welding education from there too.

Well highs in low 20's today with snow which is fine and expected. I'm going to go cut some fence down and repurpose some T-posts and start driving them in by this evening. Getting ready for piggies!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can buy attachments for t- posts that will do this without weld. However, they are NOT as strong as the wooden posts, welded or not. My Boer buck has busted 2 2x6 boards this week...connected to 4x4 posts in a barn, 7' apart. Yeah, mostly sheep are less problematic -- except for those boys!!!🤬🤬

Go with posts. 👍

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses @Sequestered Ridge Ranch What welding experience? I'm already going to let him learn dirt work on the driveway.

MY fencing will be done proper. @Baymule Can your tractor drill post holes or do I need to rent a skid steer with attachment? :lol:
Any tractor with a PTO with attachment can drill holes.
No welding experience 🤨 Guess you better get him a AC/DC Lincoln tombstone welder with some 6013 or 7018 rods and tell him to get burning. Welding school is pretty much that with teaching you acronyms and which way to move the magic wand. Repetition is key.
I self learned.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
No welding experience 🤨 Guess you better get him a AC/DC Lincoln tombstone welder with some 6013 or 7018 rods and tell him to get burning.
He was given a Yeswelder MIG-205DS Stick / MIG / Gasless MIG welder for Christmas. It's still in the box. Another reason I am not going with his plan.