Coffee anyone ?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
The moon is pretty tonight. Camera only captured part of the beauty.
P_20240223_205733.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not really sure the right place to do this, so hoping to pop in here if thats ok.
It looks like it is making national news that three college swimmers were killed in a car accident yesterday.
This hits close to home for many reasons. I have traveled the road frequently, and from what I am reading, their accident was similar to what I experienced a couple of years ago.
The community is hurting today. We will be as ok as we can be, but I know the news is making rounds, so I just figured I would update from here.
That is terrible, I’m so sorry for their families

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, sure hope this works cause the corn around here that I can find is one thing sort of expensive to what I found and to buy buttermilk here you only get one option and that's $2 a quart :oops:

So here is what I found for 17.5 cents a pound. Other than that, steady digging through rocks almost done, might have to go with temp fiberglass rods till I get T posts down, I bought some nipples to screw into 55 gallon drum too.
IMG_20240223_153935_00_656.jpg
IMG_20240223_153959_00_657.jpg
IMG_20240223_141304_00_654.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Uneventful day. Sun at get up, clouds rolled in. 3 now and it's raing! 😕 Again, after all day drizzly yesterday, this is real rain now. Knew it was gonna -- big dark cloud, goats all heading to barns!! Sure sign, the goats going to cover 🤣 🤷

Hope it's a quick one, don't need more wet. Especially since our warm up next week is bringing more.🤐😡

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you got the toys or what?!?!!!! :)
Yeah I do. I tried going back to work for some company running excavator, they fired me within a week cause I wasn't fast enough wrecking the machinery trying to go faster.
So I was mad, came home looked around and started counting equipment and inventory. I said F this S, I got enough here to start my own business and so I did. Slow taking off right now as I just started back in November, but hey I always took a picture or video of my work as I knew one day it would make a portfolio. So here we are...
Weldman's Contracting

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, sure hope this works cause the corn around here that I can find is one thing sort of expensive to what I found and to buy buttermilk here you only get one option and that's $2 a quart :oops:

So here is what I found for 17.5 cents a pound. Other than that, steady digging through rocks almost done, might have to go with temp fiberglass rods till I get T posts down, I bought some nipples to screw into 55 gallon drum too.
View attachment 105005View attachment 105006View attachment 105007

I fed free choice pellets while they grew. I offered the fermented corn daily, but not a lot. 6-8 weeks before slaughter date, I took away the pellets and they only got fermented corn, twice daily and hay. Use one cup buttermilk to a bucket and plenty of water. The pigs always rushed to drink the water first, so have a waterproof trough. Pour out some of the water to help start the next batch. Don’t wash out the bucket.

Corn is costly. Offer up the feed free choice and use corn as a treat. Then use it to finish them on.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, I was supposed to go get some bacon seeds and be close to done or done, but no good deed goes unpunished.
Was leaving my driveway out yesterday when one of my best neighbors decided to get a ride to my place, he slide down the ridge road and off into an embankment with his truck. Didn't think much of it, I drive it all the time no problem with the ice on it. What made the difference is I never stopped on it.
Well after the rig slid too close to comfort I went and got the excavator, and attempted to pull the rig back, I was doing pretty good till tow strap snapped and it launched off sliding 100' before going off the side of the ridge.
The guy was useless in all regards of helping, offering money for fuel or anything. It was more of, you are on your own, it's your own damn fault as he pretty well said indirectly.
Got him recovered since it was in the way of recovering myself, he took off, I went and did something else and came back afterwards and recovered the military truck myself.