Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, need to buy more diesel after this weekends escapade of fun to finish up the pond for the bacon seeds. Going from 53°F today to 9°F by midnight, got a nice winter storm coming with blizzard like conditions of 40 plus mph winds which means a ton of drifting snow. Not worried, when April snow storms hits is when one worries even for the ranchers with calves dropping.
Once you get the bacon seeds, do you have to worry about predators picking the sprouts?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Once you get the bacon seeds, do you have to worry about predators picking the sprouts?
Not with the proximity of them close to the pole barn I live in, as in less than 100' away. Same with the birds I have, that had to been one desperate fox to have gotten close as it did. The terrain plays a big factor too. Now when I move them to another pond yes we will have that problem possibly.
With the way I curved the driveway of 900', putting the pond in with the bacon seeds, where the geese have mowed the lawn down this place has a natural firebreak due to planning. There is also a second firebreak before all this too and I have a loader to plow in emergency another one.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ah yes wake up to few inches of snow this morning, about 4°F and let me go let the kitty out the box to go upstairs... Flip light on for the pole barn and the whole electrical system goes down, SON OF A B&*$# Seems as I didn't return the old unit fast enough or the temperatures are really shutting the unit down. Spent two hours out there tearing the unit off the wall disconnecting and reconnecting the new unit, I think I might have gotten some frost bite on my finger, oops. Got the new unit up and running and we have lights again!
Now I will enjoy my coffee, plug in the excavator and move the last bit of dirt with snow. Welcome to off grid living in Montana.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you very much @Sequestered Ridge Ranch for the "welcome" but, just reading that 4* and snow is enough! Off grid, not new to me. But there was no solar paneling back then!! Yeah, just kero lights 🤣 wood heat/cook, well & bucket, outhouse.

Coffee has been infused to body, chores done. Working on 2nd cup and convincing self to go to work. My weekend had issues and my mood is "get out of my way 🤐" bad. So, I'll meditate in a hot shower, dress and move on. Mind over matter 🫤🤔

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you very much @Sequestered Ridge Ranch for the "welcome" but, just reading that 4* and snow is enough! Off grid, not new to me. But there was no solar paneling back then!! Yeah, just kero lights 🤣 wood heat/cook, well & bucket, outhouse.

Coffee has been infused to body, chores done. Working on 2nd cup and convincing self to go to work. My weekend had issues and my mood is "get out of my way 🤐" bad. So, I'll meditate in a hot shower, dress and move on. Mind over matter 🫤🤔
I wonder if spending a total of about 5 years over my career in the service in 3rd world schit hole countries without lights and such amenities could be consider time spent living off grid🤔 My favorite one FARP Shell, ah yes guarding the POG's behind us while doing QRF... I digress.