Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tea and coffee today :weee:weeeexpecting a caffeine crash this afternoon. Planted a magnolia tree in the front yard and two climbing roses (Climbing America) to obscure the view of the dog pen. It is seldom used and I worry that an anaconda or some damn thing will move into the large excavation under the dog house. The dog house is spacious but was sided with some Gok (God only knows) siding that’s deteriorating in an exceptionally ugly way. I’d like to get after that before summer heat kicks in but… the garden, the greenhouse (where another anaconda may be lurking) are calling my name. Sixty something is not the new forty something. 😏

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sixty something is not the new forty something. 😏
You betcha!
Morning grazing done, all stalls stripped out and rebedded, waterers scrubbed, coffee chugged. Need to run to TSC and maybe the PO if there are any package slips in the mailbox. OH and a stop at the irrigation/hardward store - $5 Bday card from them need to "spend" it -- hmm maybe a couple nice big quick links. HA yup or a rubber bungy if they don't have the big quick links.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Steady wind, all day. I'd be thinking "good, dry up some" but, rain coming also 🫤 Off and on rain next 4-5 days. Guess the job will get more of my time this week. 🤐. But temps are warm😄👍

It's just so annoying to have fence materials here, needing to be up and weather a downer. Plus, garden till on hold. 😵‍💫🫤🤬🤷 Deal with it!

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. The cold front has made it's way down here. It was 60 here 70 in Tulsa at 8.a.m yesterday. It's 22 now. It was in the 20's last week as well and it'll warm up again in a few days.
Not with the proximity of them close to the pole barn I live in, as in less than 100' away. Same with the birds I have, that had to been one desperate fox to have gotten close as it did.
Cats can get pretty darn close as well. We've found a tuft of feathers 10' from the house, on the sidewalk between the front steps and the garage shortly after letting the chickens out and bringing the dogs in to eat. Only reason we knew it was a bobcat was from the pictures off the deer cams.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ground is frozen and temperatures are going to hit mid 40's today. I will be out with tee shirt off driving T-posts down through the frozen ground as it's going to be a workout and hopefully I get them all in before tomorrow. Going to have to dig some post holes too. Tomorrow supposed to hit the 60's which will be perfect for driving a rig that has more air flowing through it than with windows open and no heater in it. Any day after tomorrow will be cooler till next warm front.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Texas panhandle fire has burned 500,000 acres since Monday afternoon. 😱

Anyone live in that area of Texas? If so, welcome to load up and head my way. I'm just south of Fort Worth.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blustery and 44 right now. Lows near 40 which is good because my peach tree burst into bloom yesterday. It’s a Japanese Green peach planted by the original owners but has been untended and is a mess of graft suckers etc. I’ve found so much conflicting info about pruning that I’ve left it alone. Guess I’ll remove whatever doesn’t produce fruit. Crabapple has leaves but no blooms and the other apples have tight buds. One regret I have about moving is starting an orchard over. I used dwarf varieties because they produce sooner but I have some standard sizes too. No apples this year but maybe some in ‘26. I wonder what the Arkansas black apples will taste like?