Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your toys always pay off!! Great job. 👍👍 As to "best neighbor" designation, change that one!! 🤐

Things happening with DS & his friends yesterday, kept me up way past bedtime and so I slept way past get up time 🤣 it's 10:30 and I'm just having my coffee 😳 but it's good! Goats are out nibbling on hay finds at various areas of their field, hoping I'll appear soon. 🙃. I will eventually.

Gosh, I hope we have a few days of sun and warmth, so it can dry up! There is so much to do and too wet to do it 😕 🤷 Better get out and feed. Plus need to move a group of goats to a field that keeps them off one where I need to work some fence -- hot wire -- for, well you get it! 😵‍💫

Last edited:

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
"best neighbor" ????? Did it do much damage to your military truck? Pretty impressive recovery by yourself....
Thanks,
Yeah best neighbor, the one who decided his property is worth $180k cause of some realtor said so when all other properties were going for $60k or less attached to his around him, who has a drug addict son dragging trash out to his property trashing the place. I could go on but I digress.
Ripped the intake snorkel off, bent the fuel tank and brackets downwards, ripped hood latch off, bent the exhaust stack, hood dented and the bed is dented. Little at a time I can bend it all back out.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
So Bruno went on an adventure yesterday and came home without his collar. This morning I noticed his eye was weepy. So vet visit tomorrow. 🤦
P_20240225_095933.jpg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would say that's the last time he gets your help.
Told the wife if he offers his property at decent price, pass on it. He doesn't deserve the funds after that. Rather spend it towards the 300 acres we need. Tried to offer it again in the middle of the mess for $125k saying he will take $5k off for the mess. Wife said nope, it's worth maybe $60k tops with the market.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, need to buy more diesel after this weekends escapade of fun to finish up the pond for the bacon seeds. Going from 53°F today to 9°F by midnight, got a nice winter storm coming with blizzard like conditions of 40 plus mph winds which means a ton of drifting snow. Not worried, when April snow storms hits is when one worries even for the ranchers with calves dropping.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty ok with a few weeks of too hot temps here 😁 not the cold storms of some places!! Even some humidity issues is preferable to snow drifts over my head. 😳. Heck, over my ankles is too much! 🤣🤣

Everyone fed. Bottle babe is well trained 😂sucking it down. All new babes with moms. Had to get the little one from under a trailer after dark last night. Mom was frantic, kid was warm & asleep - paying no attention! I was doing a night check. Headlamp, crawl under and retrieve 🥴🙄. New mom, didn't herd it to barn before dark like others.

They weren't excited about new feed. Good, eat slower! But it's quality stuff. I think they miss the little bit of molasses. Well, be glad I at least bought something for you to eat until restock arrives! 😳 It's like "wheat or white -- toasted or not" 🤷 compromise.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_6796.jpeg

Barnevelder x Marans. Hatched 6 out of 11. Presently free ranging out of the barn. They’re out of the way so I think I’ll leave them. Plus my henhouse isn’t chick friendly, nooks and crannies they can fall into.