Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's a great hatch!! 👍

Went to livestock auction yesterday. What an annoying disappointment. First -- this auctioneer is fast...no bid for few seconds, sold! They began, as usual, with the "yard sale" auction items. 1-1.5 hr has become normal, yesterday 3.5 hrs😳 that's ridiculous. Too much crap there. Then poultry, rabbits, dogs -- OMG, 4 litters of pups! -- then, 2/3 way thru, they have a darned slew of pies, breads, such bakeries. 🥴🫤 It's now 6:30, still an hr of poultry before they clear ring, wet it and start livestock. Looking at 8-8:30 to start that.

Annoying as I want 2 of the very nice AGH they had AND wanted to get pricing for livestock. They won't allow load until auction done, pd, for livestock. It's raining, muddy from several days of it and dark. Will be several waiting to load.....what fun that'll be at 10-11pm🤐. So, I left. Had been there almost 7 hrs.

Ok, good news was that they have posted on Facebook that 2 bred Saanen yrlgs would be there. Turns out, not. I knew man who, it happens, was person planning to bring! 👍 He didn't because so wet at his farm, couldn't get truck/trailer together. They're bred to Saanen buck and he has lovely stock. So I'll get together with him and consider them, kids due April. Then will sell a few of my mixed dairy not used for milking and replace with couple more full bred...most probably a future full bred buck at kidding -- from show stock, excellent milk backgrounds. ☺️

More pigs will show up😁 even one field raised & ready for the processor possible. The easy way☺️

Now I'm having coffee...just changed stove & MW clocks. Now, only the vehicle clocks to do. Sunshine, windy, help to dry up. So far good weather for a week predicted. Maybe tractor time, end of week 🤔👍😁

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the LOOOOOONG unproductive day with the auction... I find I have less patience to "sit through" stuff like that anymore... I've done the same... waited and waited and with still more to wait on, decided it wasn't worth the time to MAYBE get what I want... and just left also... AND some days you just aren't in the mood with the kind of crappy weather like the rain yesterday, after days of the rain...
But the good thing is you made another contact on the Saanen goats, and will give you more of what you want..

I leave my vehicles on the DST because it is too hard to change them... I changed the alarm clock radio one so I don't forget with having to get up a few times for testing days...

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Freezer camp.

Whatever happened with your niece’s husky?
She started using the pinch collar and said it was like walking a different dog. The problems with how much time she can spend with the dog and the crating issues still exist but it’s a start. I’m considering a pup but oh the terrible chews.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
2x my least favorites - time change and then thissssss to ssstart the sssssssssseassssson 😖

IMG_5492.jpeg

Never that this many in one day. Maybe a month, but not a day. Ohh how they creep me out, and still
moving hours later.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning all! Happy MONDAY!
988adc6dc6b0ddc649938409377efc69.jpg

The weekend didn't turn out so great for FH who ended up with a bruised knee cap, torn muscles/ligaments in his left knee so is wearing a knee immobilizer and out of work for a few days (good thing he has vacay time and sick leave stored up).

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having coffee. Trying to adjust🫤 both going to & getting out of bed...time screwed up body. Body still same, clocks are not, schedules uncooperative.🤣 Same for everyone. Messes with your mind!

Breakfast eaten. Looking at list -- gonna be hard to do things needed & job work 🤔 considering where to adjust with second cup to help me wake up👍😁 chilly & windy to deal with.