Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I raised Pekin ducks once, they were hysterical idiots too. I put them in the freezer.

Coffee is ready, woke up at 1:30, dunno what time I finally went back to sleep. Maybe right before the alarm went off…. Got to get outside and get chores done, got a funeral to go to this morning. Southern entertainment.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Flock size depends on your plans for them.
Hobby flock? 20-50 ewes
Commercial flock? 100-300 ewes.
Really honestly should consider more. Just have my 8 ewes and 1 ram. More of an investment flock for me, but adding a few more wouldn't add much work. Do have lambs on the way :weee
Set my alarms so I'd get up at 5:45, was able to be wide eyed at 5:30.
Trying to make things work so I can go to bed at 7 tonight because I have an early (2:30) alarm for tomorrow.
Gotta pack for the weekend, then go help feed and head north to run. Kinda crazy that this is real and I'm about to go chase a wild dream tomorrow.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really want to just slap this spare transmission in, but deep down there is this nagging knowledge if I do, this will happen again. This terrain is too rough and steep with too much weight and torque on the drive train for a 9 speed transmission. That or something else is going to snap, i.e. u joints, driveshaft, carrier bearing etc etc.
Sometimes it sucks knowing this much and being more than just a driver in the seat of a semi/dump truck. Looking at a 11 speed that has 3 low 3 reverse gears that would be perfect for the RPM of the engine I got, able to dump without going fast and not strain the drive train so hard. Currently have a RT14609A and you can compare it to the ratio on gears to a 11 speed. Big difference.
Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 07-39-14 eaton-transmission-specifications-catalog-en-us.pdf.png

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 07-30-50 Eaton Fuller 11-speed transmissions brochure (TRSL0215) - ea...png

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
For those of us needing explanations 🤣🤣. The say they are large, calm, rarely fly, excellent meat -- there ya go "freezer fill". 👍

A "mule" duck is a sterile hybrid cross between a Muscovy and a Pekin. Because these two breeds have been genetically isolated for 50 million years, when you breed the two, you get some interesting results.Oct 11, 2022
https://www.mypetchicken.com › ...
What are mule ducks? - My Pet Chicken

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
These Khaki Campbell may be prolific egg layers, but not easy to maintain with their skittish ways. Feed them twice a day in the brooder box, sometimes checking on them more. Each time is like I came in there to kill them even though I raised them from ducklings. Stampeding over each other almost killing each other, slamming into the side walls trying to get away as I try to feed and water them, very discouraging to keep something that is deathly afraid of you.
As for the goslings they don't care and the geese are little standoffish which I understand, but ducks and ducklings, nope time to make a run for it.
I haven't ever had Khaki Campbell's. I have had the Swedish... and... uh... others that basic body shape. Never had Calls.

I like the Musvovy the best. Great personality.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
HOT day. 90 & almost no breeze..at least humidity wasn't terrible, just "there". I'm in for the day. I've had supper, done chores. Mowed last of areas needing. Finished all adult goat worming, still a couple kids to snatch. Just grained & now having a clover bite.

Had set 3 traps and got 2 groundhog. Just got back from dumping those. Reset traps. Think that's all that's there!? 🤔 Had seen 3 one day, at one time. I've now eliminated 3. But ?? Figured if another there, wasn't wanting to go in with 2 screaming "don't get the fruit salad!!" 🤣. Was a nice one, too...watermelon, mango & cantaloupe. Good last meal.

I'm thinking it's shower time! Tomorrow is garden day.

Attachments

• IMG_20240614_184920222_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20240614_184920222_HDR~2.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20240614_185254300_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240614_185254300_HDR.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 29