Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Home -- it's hot. Checked water, topped all. It's nice and cool for them had scrubbed all tubs 2 days ago. Will need again in a few days. Into barn for eggs...strange, 2 daily had none there 🤔. Checked setting hen, still there & eggs all ok. On way out of that area, I looked at another sometimes used spot.
😳😳 Fuzzy thing there. Looked again, not a cat... A possum! 😡 Caught, took outside, RIP. Saves eggs & chickens they'll kill.

It's like Grand Central here. 3 possum, 3 groundhogs & 1 skunk. Just a couple weeks.

Back inside. Need to cook dinner. Took beef, squash and bacon from freezer last night. Thawed. Gonna chow down shortly. 👍 I'll go check garden after that.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have fun news:
We wanted another cattle dog (#7 for the breed) from the same back yard breeder where we got Maverick, but I had missed the earlier than usual pregnancy from March (they advertise their once a year litters on CL). Oh well. Kept checking all outlets; went to visit a year old ACD nearby, but it was bizarre and would not stop barking, even after 30 min. Poor old man who was trying to give it away.

Contacted another one for adoption - never heard back. Was gonna spring for a rescue in Florida, who would transport in August.

But then yesterday, as I was browsing CL, I saw an ad for this one! Sent hubs and son 35 min up north to go take a look. Turns out this was the only female from that litter that was born in March. This older (hahahaha - both 60) couple bought her but after a month, didn't want her anymore. She was an outside dog in a run. Poor thing. We happily gave them some money and brought her home.

She is love starved. Soooo happy. Learning about cats and all sorts of indoor things. She was staring at the TV last nite; barked at something outside, and then gleefully tore apart her fabric cat crate all nite long. I'll have to find a smaller wire crate for her for tonite. Maverick, our almost two year old from the same parents, has now found an almost better friend than me!!

Welcome, Poppy, to your new home!
IMG_6706.JPG
IMG_6708.JPG

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have fun news:
We wanted another cattle dog (#7 for the breed) from the same back yard breeder where we got Maverick, but I had missed the earlier than usual pregnancy from March (they advertise their once a year litters on CL). Oh well. Kept checking all outlets; went to visit a year old ACD nearby, but it was bizarre and would not stop barking, even after 30 min. Poor old man who was trying to give it away.

Contacted another one for adoption - never heard back. Was gonna spring for a rescue in Florida, who would transport in August.

But then yesterday, as I was browsing CL, I saw an ad for this one! Sent hubs and son 35 min up north to go take a look. Turns out this was the only female from that litter that was born in March. This older (hahahaha - both 60) couple bought her but after a month, didn't want her anymore. She was an outside dog in a run. Poor thing. We happily gave them some money and brought her home.

She is love starved. Soooo happy. Learning about cats and all sorts of indoor things. She was staring at the TV last nite; barked at something outside, and then gleefully tore apart her fabric cat crate all nite long. I'll have to find a smaller wire crate for her for tonite. Maverick, our almost two year old from the same parents, has now found an almost better friend than me!!

Welcome, Poppy, to your new home!View attachment 109184View attachment 109185
Congrats! She’s adorable.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have fun news:

Welcome, Poppy, to your new home!View attachment 109184View attachment 109185

Welcome home Poppy!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I lay a lot of nights/mornings in bed to not wake the wife when I don't sleep. Lesson learned, open floor plans don't work.
Day 3 spreading this rip rap, sometimes it's smooth driving over other times it's driving over a 3' boulder with others in similar size subsequently after that one. I'm supposedly done, but I was right on my suspicion yesterday, not much, but enough to warrant another day with the loader there.
Should of charge $200 an hour for this job, that's a given as I know no one has anything that could do this, this fast. They don't make machinery that much larger.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Home -- it's hot. Checked water, topped all. It's nice and cool for them had scrubbed all tubs 2 days ago. Will need again in a few days. Into barn for eggs...strange, 2 daily had none there 🤔. Checked setting hen, still there & eggs all ok. On way out of that area, I looked at another sometimes used spot.
😳😳 Fuzzy thing there. Looked again, not a cat... A possum! 😡 Caught, took outside, RIP. Saves eggs & chickens they'll kill.

It's like Grand Central here. 3 possum, 3 groundhogs & 1 skunk. Just a couple weeks.

Back inside. Need to cook dinner. Took beef, squash and bacon from freezer last night. Thawed. Gonna chow down shortly. 👍 I'll go check garden after that.
Too early for me. Your post ran together and I visualized you fixing the possum for dinner 😂

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well -- no possum for dinner here! 🤣 But there's a no longer used RR track by me with big ditches on either side -- groundhog heaven! Yep, plenty over there. That's where the squatters here relocated from. 🥴 Good hunting for those who like that meat. I've eaten it but, so long ago I have no recall as to taste. SHTF food source :lol: like deer in our area, well fed by crop farmers....probably tasty. That's a last choice menu item.

Coffee time about over. Nice breeze out there, humidity low and heat is increasing. Still no rain. Could use some with a good amount of surface dry. Still moist a shovel length down but, we need some rain. Feast or famine thing -- way over wet in May.

Today, today! What to do today?? :caf:idunno