Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trying to intermittent fast today. I had taken a break but it’s time to get back on track. I’m grumpily contemplating my glass of water. We bought a truck, abandoning the first dealership, wishing Muad Dib, his irritable manager and the sandworms well. Dealership number two was efficient, friendly and took care of everything in about two hours even with hacked computers. Today will be odd greenhouse jobs. Something is eating our tomatoes. Probably rabbits. I had hoped they wouldn’t climb into the containers. I had a pet rabbit as a kid that free ranged quite successfully around the house, yard and garage. He was often found on top of the car and once he launched him self from the car into the attic (no ladder, just a portal, long story). Scared the crap out of my dad. Who then had to get a mischievously uncooperative rabbit out of the attic. Anyway I should have known no mere container would be rabbit proof. Hot and humid. Summer is here.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trying to intermittent fast today. I had taken a break but it’s time to get back on track. I’m grumpily contemplating my glass of water. We bought a truck, abandoning the first dealership, wishing Muad Dib, his irritable manager and the sandworms well. Dealership number two was efficient, friendly and took care of everything in about two hours even with hacked computers. Today will be odd greenhouse jobs. Something is eating our tomatoes. Probably rabbits. I had hoped they wouldn’t climb into the containers. I had a pet rabbit as a kid that free ranged quite successfully around the house, yard and garage. He was often found on top of the car and once he launched him self from the car into the attic (no ladder, just a portal, long story). Scared the crap out of my dad. Who then had to get a mischievously uncooperative rabbit out of the attic. Anyway I should have known no mere container would be rabbit proof. Hot and humid. Summer is here.
My first two or three tomatoes were half eaten 😖 a nice big red one too. Though I think the culprit could be a mouse. No rabbits can get into the garden area. Hopefully not a squirrel (netting wasn’t disturbed enough) maybe a game camera on that box.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hot here, too. Mid 70s overnight. Garden waiting but --- not enthused with prospect.🤔😂 6-9pm is coolest, at mid 80s. Woe is me! 🤣

The hens are laying but not as much with this heat. I find them under the trailers in the shade :D =D. It's fine! I put extra bowls of ice water under there for them during this. When I move the horse trailer I'll need to grade it...dust bathing going on there👍 one old gal is in the barn, setting a nest, in a container on top of a file cabinet. :idunno it's her annual thing. Another had set a nest, eggs disappearing, one hatched....a pullet. I have several older broodies. 😍

So back to today and what I'll get done 🤔 Slept late but a good night of a full 8 hrs! Yahoo...needed that. I'm still in coffee mode and better kick myself into gear. Then, why? :old:lol: no one but me even knows! I'm my own boss...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG. Sooo hard to move & breath in this heat. Take it slow everyone....slow. Add water & electrolytes. 👍🥰

Waterers checked, cool off if needed & topped off too. Added an end on a cut hose -- just need to replace it but, not today -- hooked to soaker that's under the mulch at a row of tomatoes. Running that a couple hrs, then I can switch to the other soaker on beans late day. I need a 15 acre sprinkler right now 🤔 that's a rain event!! Animals all laying in shade & didn't even flinch as I walked by. 🙄

Ok...cooled off, rehydrated. I really need to take some old barn clean outs to garden. Maybe late day. Just too darned hot right now. 😓 Hired help wouldn't even have shown up today 🤣

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
They figured it out!
But Obi and I took them back to the barn anyway.
Stinkin' hot today.
IMG_7150.JPEG