Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning (late) all. After research I disposed of the agave. I don’t need bull thistle’s angry auntie in my pastures. Hubbs meant well when he brought it home. Hot and humid and warming up. Chicks and lamb are good. I lost the little sick ram lamb. Wormed him and treated for coccidiosis but just a failure to thrive. Have my eye on two more. Worms there, so it’s Valbazan time. Hay guy is supposed to look at the pasture for baling so the flock is by the house.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Obligatory checking in to let everyone know I am still alive.
Went and moved stuff from my apartment to my house that I'll live in for a couple months. Somehow was quicker then I thought it would be. Also by the luck of it, got to watch BF graduate along with a lot of our friends. Said some goodbyes as they all headed home, then came back to my parents house.
Helped move vehicles for fishermen today, now hoping to rest, my feet are killing me.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gee whiz, can't imagine why feet are killing you :hide:hide:hide:hide:hide:hide;)

Your poor feet... That is more than I want to walk , let alone run, in 6 months....
Are you going to be house sitting? Do you live on a lake to be moving vehicles for fishermen?
Hope you have a couple "slow days"....

I am in awe of anyone that would voluntarily run 52 miles unless it was running for their life....and then I would still be in awe they were able to do it...

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gee whiz, can't imagine why feet are killing you :hide:hide:hide:hide:hide:hide;)

Your poor feet... That is more than I want to walk , let alone run, in 6 months....
Are you going to be house sitting? Do you live on a lake to be moving vehicles for fishermen?
Hope you have a couple "slow days"....

I am in awe of anyone that would voluntarily run 52 miles unless it was running for their life....and then I would still be in awe they were able to do it...
My feet definitely have seen some things... And unfortunately I really struggle to rest, especially when people around me are not resting. Somehow that means I was working cows horseback less then 48 hours after I finished my race. With this week being my only week off this summer, I really just had to go move yesterday, and get it over with.
So I am in the middle of a week off from work in denver. My boss has let me stay in her spare bedroom when I need to, but starting this week, I will be house sitting while working.
But also, staying at my parents, they live close to a river my dad enjoys fishing on, and my dad has a drift boat. This morning he went fishing with my uncle and cousin, and I helped move vehicles around.
Hoping to rest the next couple of days as much as I can. And once I get back to work (summer camp) I will try to be off my feet as much as I can, depending on the kids.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have fun news:
We wanted another cattle dog (#7 for the breed) from the same back yard breeder where we got Maverick, but I had missed the earlier than usual pregnancy from March (they advertise their once a year litters on CL). Oh well. Kept checking all outlets; went to visit a year old ACD nearby, but it was bizarre and would not stop barking, even after 30 min. Poor old man who was trying to give it away.

Contacted another one for adoption - never heard back. Was gonna spring for a rescue in Florida, who would transport in August.

But then yesterday, as I was browsing CL, I saw an ad for this one! Sent hubs and son 35 min up north to go take a look. Turns out this was the only female from that litter that was born in March. This older (hahahaha - both 60) couple bought her but after a month, didn't want her anymore. She was an outside dog in a run. Poor thing. We happily gave them some money and brought her home.

She is love starved. Soooo happy. Learning about cats and all sorts of indoor things. She was staring at the TV last nite; barked at something outside, and then gleefully tore apart her fabric cat crate all nite long. I'll have to find a smaller wire crate for her for tonite. Maverick, our almost two year old from the same parents, has now found an almost better friend than me!!

Welcome, Poppy, to your new home!View attachment 109184View attachment 109185
That is so wonderful that you ended up getting a puppy from the same litter you originally wanted!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We're all feeling the heat, right? It's all about water and electrolytes -- stay hydrated, don't overwork. Find some shade. If you have livestock, shade & water! I always check water tubs a few times a day. Smaller animal, shorter tubs that warm too much. Dump & refill. ☺️

Too hot for much outside -- already 83 & only 9 am. Of course, inside ain't so coffee time :lol: :caf inside day.

Stay safe, everyone. 🥰

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
We're all feeling the heat, right? It's all about water and electrolytes -- stay hydrated, don't overwork. Find some shade. If you have livestock, shade & water! I always check water tubs a few times a day. Smaller animal, shorter tubs that warm too much. Dump & refill. ☺️

Too hot for much outside -- already 83 & only 9 am. Of course, inside ain't so coffee time :lol: :caf inside day.

Stay safe, everyone. 🥰
What heat? It's perfect time to stick your pizza in a black mailbox and let it bake! :gigI wasn't wrong when I said it would hit 100 plus, lets go for 105°F tomorrow and we will be right.
Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 08-32-45 10-Day Weather Forecast for Rosebud MT - The Weather Channel...png

It was 154°F when I was putting the insulation in this upstairs living quarters last summer, here is the video.