Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still not finished, but getting there. Her house is a square U shape with a patio in the middle. Living area on one side, her bedroom on the other, both with French doors with blinds inside the panes of glass. The patio will be roofed over and enclosed with screen so she can enjoy it without mosquitoes attacking.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow...a front passing over with its huge rains north of me. Pretty happy it wasn't here -- coming down at 3" per hour was reported. So 4" to 8" across the areas getting it. Flash flooding on many roadways, the shopping areas, neighborhoods. That volume of water so fast is devastation. Sea level. Northeast NC is getting less but still heavy. I'm between the two! Sure didn't need another 4" today. Whew! 😳

Do have cooler temps & light scattereds -- they say -- for next 5 days. Umbrella time 😁 I'm ok with that.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Supposed to hit 110°F here Wednesday & Thursday, yep we are warming up, wildfires are popping up about 6 in the last 24 hours with about 50k acres on fire 60 miles from here. One was started a few days ago 20 miles from here, but wasn't reported due to it's size. Though it could of went anywhere and we are on our own if they hit close.

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 22-40-40 DNRC Interactive Fire Map.png

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are a group from "everywhere" and when I see the drought posts, it sure makes me want to containerize my rain!! Needed or not, for just in case. 🥴 Of course, the ones needing rain are hopeful that they will be the next to get a rain. 😳🥴 I so feel for their losses.

Different weather patterns across the country. And season extremes. Interesting and makes you aware. I appreciate every inch of my green, growing pastures! Dry and brown isn't my thing. Neither is cold & snow. I've traveled across USA several times, appreciate each area of its beauty....my area is pretty perfect for me 🤣🤣. We all adapt to our surroundings, I'm planted right here! :old

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are a group from "everywhere" and when I see the drought posts, it sure makes me want to containerize my rain!! Needed or not, for just in case. 🥴 Of course, the ones needing rain are hopeful that they will be the next to get a rain. 😳🥴 I so feel for their losses.

Different weather patterns across the country. And season extremes. Interesting and makes you aware. I appreciate every inch of my green, growing pastures! Dry and brown isn't my thing. Neither is cold & snow. I've traveled across USA several times, appreciate each area of its beauty....my area is pretty perfect for me 🤣🤣. We all adapt to our surroundings, I'm planted right here! :old
Temperatures swing from -50°F to 115°F so one shouldn't be surprised in that 160 degree temperature swing we get droughts and blizzards here. Not many places swing this far on this planet. I rather have this weather over Texas humidity and Washington state rains. This dry air is very nice.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score

Well we are dry and crunchy, very crunchy - but that's normal for here. In mid to late summer and fall our temps get into high 90s during the day (oh yeah we 100s as well) but it's always (as I said as a kid in the Midwest) "sleeping weather" at night. Normally into the 60s then. It's a price we have to pay I guess. I love all the green pastures you all have - and the grass. But I am a mosquito magnet, we're too dry for those buggers 👍 .

We do get fires here. Easily over half of them are set, or a product of 'campers' who shouldn't be here anyway.
But I will wish for another hurricane here this year like we had with Hillary last year. I did like that green from Sept-Dec ;) (usually the crunchiest time of year here).

Latest posts