Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a coffee - facebook - coffee - Netflix - nap kinda day.
Easy drizzling rain off & on. I went out early & got Eva's temp paddock along the driveway hooked up. I peek out every hour or so to make sure she is still mowing where I want her to.
I'm picking up some overtime this week - doing 12's Mon - Sun except for today. Sometime today I'll make up a pasta salad & fruit for lunches the rest of the week.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those homemade lunches from home sure beat buying something. $$$
Truth!! Son #1 learned that last summer. It wasn't until the end of the summer, when his summer job was over and he was going back to seminary, that he realized that the reason he had way less saved away than anticipated... was LUNCH!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got myself awake...showered. Cut fruit & set 12 trays of figs in dehydrators, went to work 9-5. Home. Did chores. Made chicken salad from canned chicken, fresh veg from garden for dinner. It was worth the time to can it!! Ready to use 😁. Chicken salad sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. Rained most all day, over 1". Too wet for anything outside tomorrow, so I'll get some OT at a store needing work done...no assigned rep & close.

I'm enjoying a glass of red -- expect to be in bed very soon 👍

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It is raining. Rain woke me up at 4, went back to sleep after 3, woke up at 8:15. Got 1/2” yesterday, got 2 1/2” this morning. I dumped it out when I trudged outside to let sheep and dogs out. The lambs that should have gone to auction are in mud. I feel horrible about them. I need a barn. I need lots of dirt to make a pad to put it on to keep them out of the mud. I’m so done with mud. I’m so done with my little pallet palaces. A tropical storm is coming for the weekend celebration. It’s not big enough to have a name, but nonetheless it is a tropical storm. It will be delighted to add to the misery and mud. Next week is sunshine. It can’t get here fast enough.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cloudy and not as humid today. I don’t need to leave the ranch today. Had 2.5 inches of rain in the last 48 so could be a good day to pull weeds. I let my garden and green house go except the blackberries. I may do a fall garden and focus on a container setup. @Mini Horses chicken salad sounds great.edit: looks like I’d better check on that ts Baymule.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It is not raining, but it is very foggy. Rain is coming up the Texas coast, up from Mexico. Houston has a big wad of rain heading that way. Hope it stays below Trinity county.

IMG_6978.png