Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I actually saw sunshine yesterday. Everything still so wet and muddy that I cooked yesterday and watched a movie. Dogs have been eating well. The refrigerator freezer thawed out after hurricane power outage. I let it refreeze and have been thawing out yummies for dogs. Yesterday I made big pot of 2 smoked steaks, cubed, sliced carrots, green peas, 4 eggs, and I made a pou of rice to mix in it. They get a cup of yummy over their kibble. I made for myself a chuck roast with carrots in the crock pot.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to cook/can a few pints of tomatoes from garden. 2nd 12 trays of figs in dehydrator should be done today. Have worked jobs past 5 days, enough to be in OT. Rainy/wet stopped outside farm work, so went to work for $. :p comes in handy. Sure slept well last night! :old. I've earned my morning coffee.

Yard needs mowing -- too wet now. Probably take it easy today....back to work Tue- Thur. This will be a day off. I'll muddle along with small stuff. Tomorrow farm work day.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Used up 12# of tomatoes yesterday - 5 pints and one 1/2 pint of bbq sauce canned. I forgot how long it takes for that, peeling the tomatoes and then cooking it down to half - hours. Thank God I’ve got the digital canner 😊.
Trying to get the ranch in order for the sitter - head out in a few days for a wedding in CO, then will be gone for a few days after that. The ranch sitter is new to the dogs (will have been with them 3 times before we head out). Nervous nelly here 😳- of course it’s fire season 😬 then add in that I’m pretty sure Ree is preggers - she’s not eating with the normal gusto esp her breakfast (yes dogs do get morning sickness). Ultrasound for her the day after I get back. With the damn new USDA import rules on dogs (absolutely NO pups under the age of 6 mos - NO EXCEPTIONS) this litter is pretty important.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@SageHill i use an old strainer to separate seeds and skins from tomatoes. I love my old strainer, wouldn’t take a hundred dollars for it, but they can be found fairly cheap.

Ree may be pregnant? That is so exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly and she has a healthy litter of puppies!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up a long time ago, coffee time done. Walked to field of goats to get pics of a buck. Inquiry from prev customer, so considered one I could sell. Anyway, on way out there trudging thru the barnyard grasses -- wet
IMG_20240729_094924209_HDR~2.jpg

The goats had some short stuff to lay down

IMG_20240729_102021384_HDR.jpg

And beyond, grass to eat! And mow!
IMG_20240729_100709617_HDR.jpg

Yeah, we've had RAIN and sunshine. Things are butt deep to a tall giraffe!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Used up 12# of tomatoes yesterday - 5 pints and one 1/2 pint of bbq sauce canned. I forgot how long it takes for that, peeling the tomatoes and then cooking it down to half - hours. Thank God I’ve got the digital canner 😊.
Trying to get the ranch in order for the sitter - head out in a few days for a wedding in CO, then will be gone for a few days after that. The ranch sitter is new to the dogs (will have been with them 3 times before we head out). Nervous nelly here 😳- of course it’s fire season 😬 then add in that I’m pretty sure Ree is preggers - she’s not eating with the normal gusto esp her breakfast (yes dogs do get morning sickness). Ultrasound for her the day after I get back. With the damn new USDA import rules on dogs (absolutely NO pups under the age of 6 mos - NO EXCEPTIONS) this litter is pretty important.
I’ll have to look into that type of strainer. I admit I did cheat a little and left the seeds in, but I did use the Vitamix to pulverize it!