Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice meeting you Summer, it was good to have you in our presence for the short time you were here.
Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 06-30-38 10-Day Weather Forecast for Rosebud MT - The Weather Channel...png

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
A better morning today. Obi is a bit better and starting to use that paw. Last night he was dragging it. He’s on two antibiotics and two painkillers. The fluid in the elbow was puss and some blood. It’s being cultured so we can fine tune the antibiotics if needed. Cold compresses 3-4 times a day for 3 days then warm ones for 3 days.
Obviously not going to the CO wedding, staying home to take care of my boy. I feel bad I’ll be missing it and time with my niece and nephews. They understand as they all know Obi and how much he does around here - and they’re “dog people” too.
So it’s feel bad I’m not there or feel bad I’m not helping Obi. Such is life.
IMG_7358.jpeg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A better morning today. Obi is a bit better and starting to use that paw. Last night he was dragging it. He’s on two antibiotics and two painkillers. The fluid in the elbow was puss and some blood. It’s being cultured so we can fine tune the antibiotics if needed. Cold compresses 3-4 times a day for 3 days then warm ones for 3 days.
Obviously not going to the CO wedding, staying home to take care of my boy. I feel bad I’ll be missing it and time with my niece and nephews. They understand as they all know Obi and how much he does around here - and they’re “dog people” too.
So it’s feel bad I’m not there or feel bad I’m not helping Obi. Such is life.
View attachment 110462
Do you know what caused it?

I am glad it is getting better.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you know what caused it?

I am glad it is getting better.
The vet said something like over extending or bumping the joint or “just bad luck”. Which to me pretty much means no idea. I’ll talk with my regular vet when he’s back in town. I know he’ll call - he always does.
Thing is with the trip (now cancelled) I pretty much had everyone on “lock down” to prevent injuries- dry lotted the sheep (no pasture) no work for the dogs.
It is the same leg they used for the antivenin back in May - that I’m sure would be a huge stretch and more likely a coincidence as it would be 50/50 this would appear in the same leg.
DH is taking DS and DDIL to the airport right now for their flight to the wedding. I am bummed, but if I was going I’d be worried so between a rock and a hard place on this. 😶

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would choose Obi over a wedding trip also. You are doing the right thing.

It’s so foggy here. Dogs barked all night, I’m sleep deprived. Was awake several hours last night and night before. It’s time for exhaustion to kick in and me to sleep all night. Going to get outside soon and do chores, then off to the auction. I’m so glad to finally be getting this bunch out of here.