Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a very sad question. My son's cat disappeared last nite. A tiny Scottish fold. I post her pic alot on face bk. She was here at 7 last night when we sat down to eat and then nothing. The coyotes were under my window at 10:20 p.m. cus evidently they can jump over a 5' tall fence.(wire and posts). I got up at 5:30 this morning and as soon as it was light, I started searching again.

Am I fooling myself that I may find blood or debris from her body if I search the forest to the side of us? I'm sick about this. I loved that little kitty. It is so unlike her.
:hugs

Super sad.... I hope you find her.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You know how when you get your oil serviced and few other things on vehicles. One of those things, service pit. I put it there when I put the slab down.
Though it could be used for hiding stuff, tunneling to places or storing too since the ground is so stable. :lol:
I LOVE hidden tunnels! Do that!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a very sad question. My son's cat disappeared last nite. A tiny Scottish fold. I post her pic alot on face bk. She was here at 7 last night when we sat down to eat and then nothing. The coyotes were under my window at 10:20 p.m. cus evidently they can jump over a 5' tall fence.(wire and posts). I got up at 5:30 this morning and as soon as it was light, I started searching again.

Am I fooling myself that I may find blood or debris from her body if I search the forest to the side of us? I'm sick about this. I loved that little kitty. It is so unlike her.
Sorry for you. It is unlikely you will find anything if they did get her... and like @SageHill said, she could have gotten away if they came when she was close there, and is traumatized.
Electric hot enough to put you on your knees, at the top of the wire if you think they came over... and another strand at the bottom.... but that is if you find a place they might have gone under...
And set some traps... get the BIG havahart type ones. and set them and then dispose of the da#@Ed things....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Coyotes can jump backyard fences, snatch pets and jump back out, even with owners standing in the yard. In urban areas, coyotes take a lot of pets.
I’m sorry but you probably won’t find her. I hope she shows up, but if the coyotes were in your yard, then she is probably gone.
Poor kitty.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score

Cats are mysterious in disappearing and reappearing in times you would least expect it. Like the cat we got back in January this year, wild rescue the wife grabbed from the horse barn at work. Kept her upstairs for weeks, let her loose downstairs in the pole barn and kept doors closed. That cat disappeared for weeks yet never left the place despite doors being opened.
Eventually found her and kept her upstairs during day and locked up downstairs at night till she finally came around. Now she climbs the stairs and has her own kitty door I put in, still locking her up at night so she doesn't wake us up.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't type what is going thru my mind re the coyotes. Else the PoPo will search my laptop history and arrest me someday. My eyes are puffy this morning.
There's still hope - my DS and DDIL have cats. They were down to one because they kept disappearing. They had the cats to keep the small varmints out of the chicken run as well as their gardens. That last one disappeared (something it had done before but was back in a week or two). Two weeks stretched into a month, they got 2 new kitties (they get them from feral cat rescue). After those two had settled in - another month or so, the one that disappeared showed up. It's the only one out of many that they have had that has returned (and to this point stayed).