Coffee anyone ?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coyotes can jump backyard fences, snatch pets and jump back out, even with owners standing in the yard. In urban areas, coyotes take a lot of pets.
I’m sorry but you probably won’t find her. I hope she shows up, but if the coyotes were in your yard, then she is probably gone.
Poor kitty.
Years ago I was talking to a neighbor in the afternoon when a coyote slinked…slunk…snuk out of a nearby drainage ditch and snatched his little West Highland Terrierist not 15 feet away from us!

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I needed to take a urine sample from Crockett. The suburbanite Karen in me would not allow suggested kitchen ladle to be involved. So I rubberbanded a Dixie cup to a backscratcher. Then I fed Crockett who stood and looked at me with much puzzlement as I waited for him to assume the position. Nope, not gonna. We toured the round bales, the feed bunks, the water bunks, ( thought I’d score there for sure) followed by an increasingly amused group of sheep including one young ram, now named “Randy” who mistook Crockett’s long standing pauses as an invitation. Annoyed we moved to the front yard now followed by 3 dogs who influenced Crockett to part with some used h2o. Results and meds later today.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
@murphysranch I'm so sorry about your cat. I agree, like most here, that is probably gone. However.... with cats it's seldom hopeless.
I had a tomcat that 'lived' on my back porch for probably close to a decade. He would hang out in the yard, be in the porch 2x daily for meals..... and then vanish. Sometimes for days, sometimes for weeks... once for nearly 3 months. I have LOTS of hawks, foxes, raccoons, possums & coyotes plus occasional bobcats & bears.... & a rumored mountain lion. Every time he vanished I was SURE something had finally gotten him. But then he'd be waiting on the porch one day.... battered & skinny.
The old trick of putting an indoor cat's litterbox outside would give it a scent to hone in on if it's still around without drawing more pests like leaving food out will.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
thank you. I did put Jade's cat box out, but the only one interested in it is the puppy, who likes Kitty Roca. :(

Jade was an indoor cat for three years, until Son moved up from San Jose and in with us. She loved to go outside and sniff around here. No street smarts, so I hope it was quick. She was 8-9 pounds with a funny gate and a straight tail that never bent.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@murphysranch praying for a miracle :hugs

Work has been in the fall seasonal push last few weeks. Should end that by mid September. Then farm projects can start back up with cooler weather 😁

I was tired last night. To bed early, slept hard. 👍 Sure needed the regeneration. Half day this morning to finish a job, then relax until Monday -- start over. 😎

Just checking in on everyone while having my morning fix. Thinking a bagel might happen soon. Or maybe a fast hamburger instead :idunno:drool. Flexibility thoughts.

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had wanted a bagel... but the local bagel place was PACKED.

We have had hoards of new people move to town this year... mostly from California. :barnie:th

Lines everywhere are ridiculous.

Sadly I am worried that the crowds will not decrease as usual this fall. :hit
Sorry about the CA influx. My guess is most won't last - they come from the land of almost perfect weather and mostly no snow.
Living way down here I get the vacationers. Used to live by the Wild Animal Park --- traffic in front of our little raod then was a bear before they opened and at their closing time during high vacation time.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning to everyone :celebrate

Slept pretty good...12-8:30....yep, all night!! Nice.
Fresh pot of coffee just finished. Cup #1 being enjoyed. Thinking about a "one day" project effort for the farm. Not sure what it will be -- looking at what's needed, helpful and doable. I see a trailer of stuff ready to go to the dump -- DS did some clean up for me while I was at work yesterday. Been waiting for that and so much appreciated! All tractor attachments moved, mowed there, etc. So, most likely that finishing will be "it" for the day. Touch up, rake up, re set things...make sure what's on trailer for dump is "my" throw away choice 🤔

Want to finish digging potatoes later today. 👍 I want to hang some corner hay racks in two sheds, too. They will be needed before long and will get them off of the "pile" of save it's. I think I'm into more than today has hours for 😁 better stop thinking.