Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had wanted a bagel... but the local bagel place was PACKED.

We have had hoards of new people move to town this year... mostly from California. :barnie:th

Lines everywhere are ridiculous.

Sadly I am worried that the crowds will not decrease as usual this fall. :hit
Give them about a winter or two and see if they last. During the last public scare for the "greater good" we had 4 people move out here on this road alone. It has been a few years and not one built a structure of any sorts, they didn't get the hot tub to look out on the open land as they wanted or plop a RSH "rolling schit house" and put hay bales underneath to stay warm with inviting mice/pack rats.
Three are from Washington state one from South Dakota, we bought two from Washington state out with the one from South Dakota and the last one remaining from Washington state is defaulting on his $100 a year or less property taxes as we are circling like vultures overhead ready to grab it.
Of all 4 only 2 lived in the town, but never out here and they still flushed out. To this day there is a Earthship or passive solar house built with tires structure half built from Californians here they dug out a hill side by hand and packed less than hundred tires before giving up about 10 years ago. When the wife asks what is possible when digging into the ground I point to it every time and tell her, if that can hold up to the elements and not collapse in we can survive a tornado and be fine for the way I build.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got some pics (standard conformation poses) of Zo and Ree to promote their pups - nice foggy morning perfect to do it - Gods lightbox for even lighting on the dogs. Sheep are all munching down - looking like 3 or 4 ewes are preggers 😊 due October-ish. Found two big zucchini in the garden (LOL only 2) so it’ll probably be a canning day with a few others I picked earlier. Zucchini relish 😋. And only supposed to get to 84 today! But it’ll be climbing up to HOT by Wednesday.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
"Good morning" everyone.
It's thundering here right now & there had been a good rain last night. I'm LOVING the pasture growing weather but not sure how this is effecting hay growers. Hoping things aren't going to be scarce/difficult this winter.
I've got 1 more night on a 3 night rotation. Coffee is brewing. There's SO MUCH I want to get done on my next 2 days off.... yall know how that goes. The energy & time never match the length of the list.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well usual change of plans 🤣. Did get chores, feeding done. Potato dig done. Had to go for tractor diesel & also gassed truck for work driving this week. Then told DS I'd like to get dirt from our "mountain" pile one day this week to fill a couple sizeable holes in yard (where his friends park). This talk was while we were going to the dump with a load in trailer. Get home, he switches out bush hog for backhoe 😳. He's going for that dirt. :thi took truck/trailer back to load it up.

Couldn't believe it!! I've asked before :duc:clap:celebrate We filled holes, leveled and compacted. So, more than expected happened. Only hay racks still waiting -- NO biggie 🥰

It has begun lightly raining. Maybe we'll get enough to settle the dirt fill 🙂. Some thunder going on.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, man! Big loud truck in my driveway at 4am 😡 of course it woke me!! I assume it was someone picking up DS to go to work 😳🤔🥴. Only here couple minutes. BUT now I'm up. :he 2 hr early. Not a good thing -- I was sleeping so well.

The light rain became 2 hr edge of t-storms late yesterday. Got a good soak. Since I'm having local news with my coffee, I see it's going to be a happening about 6 ish tonight....guess I better get home early! And schools open today around here, so more traffic. 🙄 The hurricane passing us off shore is still pushing some fronts into the area.

I'll be leaving for work in an hr 😕 I'll miss school buses. Better get a lunch packed. Middle of nowhere store 🙄 but I rarely buy out anywhere.

Hope y'all have a good, enjoyable day :thumbsup

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ouch on the loud truck "wakeup call".....

Didn't get any of the rain yesterday, some clouds off and on. Maybe some showers mid day today, radar shows it around noon.... then we will be going into a "cooling trend"... saying "fall-like" temps...

Where has the summer gone... we are already 8 months into this year. Not thrilled with that super hot early summer temps we had way back in June, and the extreme dry... but on the downhill side of the summer already???? Time DOES GO FASTER as we get older...

Dr consultation visit for my shoulder this morning... time to head out.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up at 4 -- barfing dog. Was sleeping HARD too. Luckily was able to get back to sleep for an hour. DH took Twinnie to be spayed. No plans to breed her and don't need the possibility of pyometra after being in season. Sheep are out and about - the stinkers totally tipped over the 10 ft bunk feeder in the stall. Second time -- those hooligan "teenage" lambs are at it again.
58 and going to 90 today.
Have a good one everyone.