Coffee anyone ?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
slept in again. Coffee is good this morning. I need to get outside and get something done this morning before it gets too hot.
Slept in too! I can't remember the last time I made it past 7... and it was 9:30!
Lots to do this morning before it gets hot.... finding & fixing a downed section of fence is at the top of the list. Then checking the back pasture fence so I can open that up for the fall.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had two cups of iced coffee and fell asleep in a chair this morning. I did get orchard watering done. My peach crop has mostly dropped be fore ripening. Big disappointment. More reading required. My car’s fuel gage stopped working- rat damage. Traps are set, Rat X the salt bait is distributed safely. A garage reorganization is in my future :tongue The previous owner had issues too as I found a pet safe rat trap. May have to try cats and hope the dogs leave them alone.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, got milk and honey. I could only stay out yesterday until 10:30 and came in. Went back out at 5 to feed dogs and water, was soaking sweaty wet, had to come in and cool off before I could finish feeding. More of the same today. I'll get done what I can.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I'm having a cooler week here 👍 upper 70 days. Was brisk 53 at get up, 7 ish. I've been at stores starting work at 7 for several days -- not today :old I slept in and deserved to 😁 yep fresh coffee and morning of slow start today. Relaxing.

It's very wet out, heavy dew. But not walking thru it. I'm taking my que from the goats just looking out of their sheds....I'm just looking out from the porch :lol:

Taking 3 dz eggs to DD seems to be only thing in my list for now. It's early, that will change. 😉 Tractor time is floating thru my mind. Probably prompted by the weather.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going to be warm day, slight haze from Canadian wildfires. My views in the morning when I walk around our property.
IMG_0837.jpeg

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0841.jpeg
IMG_0848.jpeg

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Iced coffee and Crockett roller coaster. After a rally he is off food again. He drank broth and nibbled this am. Ignored treat food. I will let him in shortly to take a break. I will patrol pasture with Leo and Caddo. The sheep generally nap through the hottest hours in the safe pen. 100 degree temps are out of the forecast, but another month of 90’s. Hubbs monkeyed up my short trip odometer count by mashing buttons. Fixing the gas gage is out of the question because weekends for the foreseeable future are monopolized by family
(his), work events (his), and outings with friends (his). I am of the deeply held (and proved) opinion that if a woman takes a vehicle in for repair she will probably be overcharged. I call it the boob tax. And sakes help you if you call it out. “Um sir, this car doesn’t have a left handed froolap, you couldn’t possibly have replaced it.” So for awhile it’s add 16, divide by 2 and carry the 7 regarding the gauge. Or just fill it up again :rolleyes:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Temps climbing fast this morning. Cancelled detection work. Ahhh nice calm day (well - when the hay bill is here I'll go what was I thinking -- but it IS too hot).
Got tomatoes dehydrating, canning more stuff will probably start again soon. LOVE having all our own food ready all year round.
OH - and sunset last night was aaaaamazing...... three fires on Camp Pendleton more than likely the reason. No danger from their fires......
IMG_7684.JPEG

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Temps climbing fast this morning. Cancelled detection work. Ahhh nice calm day (well - when the hay bill is here I'll go what was I thinking -- but it IS too hot).
Got tomatoes dehydrating, canning more stuff will probably start again soon. LOVE having all our own food ready all year round.
OH - and sunset last night was aaaaamazing...... three fires on Camp Pendleton more than likely the reason. No danger from their fires......
View attachment 110979
Wife is canning too. Had to tell her to stop we need a bigger cellar. I need at least half for my bourbon.