Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Opened a couple windows late yesterday, cool temps and low humidity. Air the house out 😁. Save electric on AC. This morning it's 51* 😳 way cooler than I ever have AC! Wow....actually cold in here. Closed those window, as light breeze was pumping it in. Brrr. It'll stay cool all day while I'm at work. Upper 70s for hi temps. Sorry TX!! :hide

Fresh, hot coffee sure welcome this morning....take the chill off while waking more. Off to work in short order, short day. Long one tomorrow, then home for fall cleaning next week. You hate it while it's happening, love results when done .:clap Really needed now, been putting it off. But yard looks great :lol:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cooler today - yay high only 85. Some rain would be nice it’s sooooo dusty but of course none in the forecast of course (normal for here). A little west coast hurricane sure would help (like last year).
Just one herding lesson today - one student getting over covid still, another dog had emergency surgery to remove bladder stones and another student has a contractor meeting. Filled in with one who is on the wait list. Could’ve taken the day “off” oh well.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
High of 74 here today. Nice to have some cool weather. Hope it brings some rain to other parts of Wyoming that are on fire.
Skipped coffee this morning, again, and went for a run. My horse came back yesterday. I'll head out to the barn after lunch and work with him. Enjoying some rest this week.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a Giant Yellow Mug 'morning' for me. 😴
It's 78° now will be slipping into the 50°s by 'lunch'. I think I'll leave a few windows cracked while I'm at work. I'm off Fri night - Sun night & should be swinging between 60°s & 80°s - great opportunity to catch up on some of the outdoor around here.
20240822_171339.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wide awake before 3AM. Coffee with milk and honey. Waiting on daylight. I’ll get chores done, then stain the boards on the porch. Yesterday I dug out dirt and dog hair between the boards with a screwdriver and shop vac. Carson was good company, hanging out with me, dropping more dirt and hair for me to sweep off before staining this morning. I’ll have to keep him out of the front yard, a real hardship, he’ll have to stay in the AC in the house!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm up having coffee, a roast beef sandwich and will leave for work in an hr, @ 6:30. Prob home about 6:30 tonight. Early start, long day work. Last one for a while👍

Cool nights, low humidity this week. Two windows open at night a few inches -- free AC again. It's 71 inside this morn 😳😳 shut those windows!! I'm cold.

Chores last night had everyone there, happy, scoffing down the feed. Water tubs all topped off.
Thinking I'll move to another pasture this weekend. I want to paint the north side & don't need their help! We'll see what my energy level is like when time gets here 😄

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need to get a monitoring system for air quality. Right now the AQI (air quality index) is at 42 yet when I look outside its brown no sight of the sky and there is a 165k acre fire 2.5 hrs south of us blowing this direction. I would put the AQI at 200 right about now. You would think someone or somewhere there would be a monitoring station in town for wildfire prone area.
Remember all those burn pit exposed vets they keep talking about and the whole PACT act they passed, yeah I'm in the burn pit registry and rely on inhaler for times like these, I actually keep a P100 welding mask around for it.
That's another hardship not many know of when building this pole barn, high winds, sub zero temperatures, temperatures over the 100's, rain, snow and wildfire smoke.
That discoloration is from smoke in this picture...
IMG_E43377.jpg