Coffee anyone ?

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@tjo804 what kind of work do you do and what would you like to do?
Please don't judge :fl
I am a State Auto Inspector.
What would I like to do Honestly I have not put much thought into jobs as I was a homemaker/ wife and mother. still wife and mother only kids are grown, house is unkept and circumstances have changed that put me in the job market. I would like to work with a Honey Bee guy I know but I am not sure that is long term. I really need to find my own thing because I have so much going on with my little yard it has become a time consuming blessing. However I can do what I have to do to keep things running until I figure it all out. I am in the confusing frustrating part of change. and I dont really feel like I can see a direction just yet, so Instead I went out and kissed my goats. I am sure they will tire of that, but I dont think I will :celebrate Maybe I could sell soap to city people.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to chug down a cup of coffee in months now, due to early on-set rigormortis. I usually find myself with a pillow over my head, trying to tune out Boone and Fen’s morning antics. They are like a very noisy Mutt & Jeff. Waiting for TheMan to emerge from the shower to let him know there is someone willing to come get the ducks. (Yay! Goodbye stinky, smelly ducks)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The rescue organization I used is off limits because the manager discovered I am not a liberal.
The lack of understanding, compassion and common sense... :idunno I am not sure how "we" got this bad.

So sorry about your LGD woes. And now you have to worry about sheep safety as well.... :hugs

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What would I like to do Honestly I have not put much thought into jobs as I was a homemaker/ wife and mother. still wife and mother only kids are grown, house is unkept and circumstances have changed that put me in the job market. I would like to work with a Honey Bee guy I know but I am not sure that is long term. I really need to find my own thing because I have so much going on with my little yard it has become a time consuming blessing. However I can do what I have to do to keep things running until I figure it all out. I am in the confusing frustrating part of change. and I dont really feel like I can see a direction just yet, so Instead I went out and kissed my goats. I am sure they will tire of that, but I dont think I will :celebrate Maybe I could sell soap to city people.
It is a huge change of life point.

Good luck.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
The lack of understanding, compassion and common sense... :idunno I am not sure how "we" got this bad.

So sorry about your LGD woes. And now you have to worry about sheep safety as well.... :hugs
I’ve seen decades old/ lifelong friendships end over nonsensical arguments that I believe either person would have resolved just a few years ago. Dog report- Crockett better today. Insisted on some guarding time but resting now. He had a hand delivered lunch which Hubbbs teased me about. I would hand feed that dog for the rest of his life, he’s earned it. Aloha Boy stayed in designated pen last night. Sophie and Leo doing stints. Sophie is a sheep killer so she works empty pastures first thing before breakfast. Leo is a driving dog and will clown around the flock on standby but I don’t trust him unsupervised. I’m gonna get a lot of (needed) walking in :weee

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What’s there to judge? You have a job that you do. Probably lucky to get it after not working for such a long time. But NOW you have a job. For some screwy reason it’s easier to get a job when you already have one.
Is the pressing need for money or to find your niche?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a job :lol: went this morning. Planned all day for 2 resets. But, one package couldn't be found. Looking at store, surprised even one was. 😔 So home & annoyed that I went the distance, that early, for fewer hours! Oh, well. WTH.

Now off for several days. Light rain here, little heavier where I was....and more predicted for tomorrow & Sunday. 😞🙄. Of course, I'm home!!!
Yep, screwing with my time. Maybe it won't be any downpour stuff. Cooler temps, so maybe I'll do some canning! :idunno it's an option. There's always the cleaning thing -- well, it's labor day weekend, right? 😳

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What’s there to judge? You have a job that you do. Probably lucky to get it after not working for such a long time. But NOW you have a job. For some screwy reason it’s easier to get a job when you already have one.
Is the pressing need for money or to find your niche?
Kinda both I think this may work out to give me time to figure it out. That is helpful because the easiest questions get over looked in worry. Thank you!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree with @Baymule ... what's to judge? Life changes and you roll with the punches, re think, re arrange, re direct and go ... sometimes go forward, sometimes sideways, sometimes a few steps back until you figure it out. Sometimes life really sucks, but then you see, find, or hear of someone with things that are worse and as we get older, I think most tend to say "well, it could be worse" and try to be thankful for the positives.
A job helps to give you motivation to make yourself get up and get going in the morning (or evening)... and makes you budget your time a bit since you don't "have all day to do it".... Getting a paycheck is a boost to anyone's psyche , and often helps to get through tight spots.
And you get a chance to say, well, I really hate this so will look for something better, or this is an okay job for now, or I really like this...and you get your feet under you and then can take it from there...

Some of us talk retirement... but there is something to say for the getting up and going, and out with people ..... and it is nice when your job is partly because the people you are working for really do appreciate you... and being able to cut back as I have and some others, gives the best of both most of the time...
Besides, we have to have something to "B#$@H" about....:gig

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm technically retired with pension, could sell or keep all my stuff in my current line of expertise and never do anymore. Just some have drive to more than just that.
We don't have vehicle inspections here, just DOT ones and they don't bother me, sure pull me over I'm going to sit here laugh as you try and find anything, you have no clue who is behind the wheel of this rig.
When it comes to license plates in Montana if your vehicle is so many years old you can get permanent ones to never pay registration fees again. Though my CDL is every 4 years renewal with every 2 years for medical card I'm fit to have a CDL.