Coffee anyone ?

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Sipping on a Red Bull, and about to head out for a run. Hoping I'll make it somewhere cool in town for the sunrise.
Marathon training first today, then a fun run in town for a good cause. Probably a nap after.

Who is to judge someone who has a job that feeds your family???
Like it or hate it, if it feeds your family, and you actually work, that's more then a chunk of our nation can say, regardless of what it is.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Woke up to ants on my kitchen counter. I sprayed the back part of the counter and smashed every invader I found. Tossed a loaf of bread outside. Finally having first cup of coffee. Just for giggles and grins, I checked the dog food. Yup, they were getting started so I dragged bags out and sprayed the floor. They are bad enough out in the fields, but not having them in the house!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Either go into work today or go into work Monday on Labor Day, I'm going into work today since I know boss man is off with family and won't be around, neither will his dad who is on a fishing trip and the kid "mechanic" is off being a kid which makes it quiet and peaceful there. Dead line is Tuesday for a rig to be done, maybe I should charge time and a half for coming in on either holiday/weekend.
IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0951.jpeg
IMG_0952.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems everyone up before me today.... I'm just waiting for brew to finish. Slept late & enjoyed it. Now I'm waiting -- not my best feature😐 ahhh there's the beep- beep!! Better get my fix. 👍

Now I can plan my day. Light rain yesterday. No rain today, overcast; tomorrow at dinnertime they're saying maybe 3/4". I'm not wanting that.🫤 But things can change. It is cooler😄

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Woke up to ants on my kitchen counter. I sprayed the back part of the counter and smashed every invader I found. Tossed a loaf of bread outside. Finally having first cup of coffee. Just for giggles and grins, I checked the dog food. Yup, they were getting started so I dragged bags out and sprayed the floor. They are bad enough out in the fields, but not having them in the house!
OH man I HATE ANTS!! Just saw a stream of them heading to the garden. GRRRR
BUT --- I have ant traps, I'll check with DH as to which ones they are - and the WORK! I've used them in the barn and the greenhouse and with in a day or two they are GONE. Best stuff ever.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sipping coffee, checking here - two nights of great sleep. Must be banking it up for when the puppies get here.
Next week supposed to be in the 90s. ugh - BUT that's good for baby puppies so I won't complain. Need to get this room all set up, whelping box is already up and Ree has claimed it as hers. How do they know???

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spent part of yesterday and this morning trying to get a dog. Then the owner backed out when I started asking about heats and possible pregnancy. I did not want a pregnant bitch- which was suspect because she was free. Had two other possibilities but both fell through. I’m finding that at least locally, LGDs get minimal vet care including no spay/neuter and no heartworm. Something seems to be blocking my search so I’m stopping for now. Crockett is hanging in and making the most of his personal meal service. His urine has darkened and his check up is Tuesday morning. Caddo (Aloha I’m not chasing deer) has been more responsible with the flock, good thing.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spent part of yesterday and this morning trying to get a dog. Then the owner backed out when I started asking about heats and possible pregnancy. I did not want a pregnant bitch- which was suspect because she was free. Had two other possibilities but both fell through. I’m finding that at least locally, LGDs get minimal vet care including no spay/neuter and no heartworm. Something seems to be blocking my search so I’m stopping for now. Crockett is hanging in and making the most of his personal meal service. His urine has darkened and his check up is Tuesday morning. Caddo (Aloha I’m not chasing deer) has been more responsible with the flock, good thing.
Maybe you should contact the breed that @Ridgetop gets her Anatolians from. He breeds consistently good working dogs and the icing on that cake is he is there for you when you need help. If I were looking for one, that is where I would start.