Coffee anyone ?

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
As I was milking G this morning I noticed something.
Here I can always tell cooler weather is coming when the flies come back :( Yep not in force yet but it does set in my mind early fall and harsh winter. means Coffee consumption must go up immediately :celebrate
I hope you all have a Blessed day.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ahhh yes. Flies! I usually spray onto a cloth and wipe goat belly and legs lightly -- keeps us both more comfy 😉. Wiping on keeps it off the udder. Wipe of that udder wash after keeps flies from udder, too. I do face, between ears and down between eyes to 1/2 down nose. She can't lick there 👍

In for a long lunch break -- feel like of 98 out. Fresh cleaned & filled water tubs, goats in a rested, large pasture.....I'm done! 😳

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Road work getting done -- DS loves to work tractor😁....big holes, as in 15+ FEL full at a couple. Two more smaller to do yet. Coming along....

Attachments

• IMG_20240828_174022343_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240828_174022343_HDR.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240828_174056427_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240828_174056427_HDR.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240828_174232744_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240828_174232744_HDR.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20240828_174258657_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240828_174258657_HDR.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 20

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Ahhh yes. Flies! I usually spray onto a cloth and wipe goat belly and legs lightly -- keeps us both more comfy 😉. Wiping on keeps it off the udder. Wipe of that udder wash after keeps flies from udder, too. I do face, between ears and down between eyes to 1/2 down nose. She can't lick there 👍

In for a long lunch break -- feel like of 98 out. Fresh cleaned & filled water tubs, goats in a rested, large pasture.....I'm done! 😳
What spray do you use? If it is homemade do you have a recipe?

What a beautiful path to home. I bet it is relaxing just being on the driveway. Beautiful tree lines

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score

Just added as great info, explanation....sad farmer lost all the cattle and surprised it wasn't known :( so read as this is real.

And now on with morning coffee 🌞 :celebrate home again and heading out for some tractor work while still cool. Yeah, heading into upper 90s with triple feel likes. So do it while cool. Moving dirt onto a pitted drive today. One that goes to back of farm....some ruts that become ponds after heavy rains. Fill from a mountain of dirt I've had for several years, then hire some more crushed concrete, or asphalt or such over it. A money sinkhole :oops:

Road work getting done -- DS loves to work tractor😁....big holes, as in 15+ FEL full at a couple. Two more smaller to do yet. Coming along....
I see the problem, all the water drains to the road with no ditches to get rid of the water, especially with the road lower than everything.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep....the old pathway used to have runoff on left side. Long story from 25 yr ago...a tenant who lived in the far hill took some out!! We're re ditching that. And there is a big, deep ditch to left of curve to run back into. It hasn't been like this until property up hill sold a few yrs back. Now lot more daily traffic on path and some ditch changes up the hill....not on my property. What you see is a valley at rear of my farm. We're ditching after this fill, while we can get the dirt moved and compressed to fill, gravel over planned. Then water will once again run down and out to the big ditch & pipes under old RR to left. That RR runs entire length, on left, beyond the tall weeds. The path is all at a decline, to the curve....DD goes right to her house. That's her mower parked there, out of gas. It's one of those projects before winter hits. :idunno last month was too wet to work it.

So up and coffee time :celebrate have breakfast, get dressed & go to work. Daylight happening and roosters are crowing! Worse than a barking dog :rolleyes:

What fly spray??? In barn...I'll look tonight.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
First cup of coffee, dishwasher is going. Got dirt coming this morning for future barn. 3 loads. One load for the pens that get so muddy. I’ll have to have that load dumped in yard, then use tractor and shovel to get it where I want it. I can’t cover the whole pen, but can build up a few places for their shelters. Busy day!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Turned in my paperwork for my business to do work for the place and just like a symphony as I expected it all played out. Secretary (his wife) says he wants to talk to you about "maybe" having some work for you soon, I get out to the shop and it pours out.
"I have a lot more work needing done than I expected and this place hasn't been the same since you left. Last mechanic ended up wanting to do just trucking then moved on after trucking, got this kid who is going to college tools are everywhere he is still learning and I just don't even have time to put tools away."
I left almost 2 years ago.
Yep I see it now, the push for me full time and the other "mechanic" getting flushed out. You don't keep a shop in order you don't have a efficient shop to keep your fleet going, compound in the mechanic can't do certain things and then things get really complicated.
Example: Trailer rolls in needing brakes and the inside gates welded up, welp your mechanic you hired can only do the brakes not the aluminum welding. So the trailer gets brakes, gets dragged back out so it doesn't clog the shop up and later on gets dragged back in, well that is about an hour wasted plus the time wasted waiting to get welded that trailer could of been out making money.
Wait till boss mans dad finds out I'm back, yeah he is going to explode with things and it's where I draw the line.
I get asked a lot did I do this in the service where did I go to school for this or who did I work for to learn what I know. Self taught, and then it's as if I just killed the conversation expression comes up.

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Turned in my paperwork for my business to do work for the place and just like a symphony as I expected it all played out. Secretary (his wife) says he wants to talk to you about "maybe" having some work for you soon, I get out to the shop and it pours out.
"I have a lot more work needing done than I expected and this place hasn't been the same since you left. Last mechanic ended up wanting to do just trucking then moved on after trucking, got this kid who is going to college tools are everywhere he is still learning and I just don't even have time to put tools away."
I left almost 2 years ago.
Yep I see it now, the push for me full time and the other "mechanic" getting flushed out. You don't keep a shop in order you don't have a efficient shop to keep your fleet going, compound in the mechanic can't do certain things and then things get really complicated.
Example: Trailer rolls in needing brakes and the inside gates welded up, welp your mechanic you hired can only do the brakes not the aluminum welding. So the trailer gets brakes, gets dragged back out so it doesn't clog the shop up and later on gets dragged back in, well that is about an hour wasted plus the time wasted waiting to get welded that trailer could of been out making money.
Wait till boss mans dad finds out I'm back, yeah he is going to explode with things and it's where I draw the line.
I get asked a lot did I do this in the service where did I go to school for this or who did I work for to learn what I know. Self taught, and then it's as if I just killed the conversation expression comes up.

Sounds like there is full time plus for you. Which is great if that is what you are wanting. What a great problem to have IMO. I am hoping to be that valuable to my current employer.