Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is spring weather 82°F and by Thursday summer will be back 105°F. The nice thing is it drops down to 50's and 60's at night, only when it hits 110°F or thereabouts it hits 70's at night.

Two differentials put in yesterday, I guess it was over 500 lbs on one of them since it broke the chain hoist rated for that much weight. Didn't get to the PTO, today's fun after putting all 10 wheels back on, and axle shafts back in.
Does that mean you’ll heading to town to Lear out the troublesome property soon?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does that mean you’ll heading to town to Lear out the troublesome property soon?
Yes, but first I need to recover a few bucks so I'm going to "try" to spread a few loads of rock for our road for at least a day. I can get about 5 to 10 loads done in a day.
If I make it past a certain point things will go faster cause them I'm not worried about crushing and spreading it every couple of loads so traffic isn't impeded.
Also want to wash the trash/dirt that is still in there from the destruction and what fell in upon assembly and best way to do that is at low speed.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
A snake has been outwitting my attempts to keep my bantam chicks safe and I was pretty glum after noticing more were gone this morning. I went to the barn looking for something and found my Barnevelder hens with about a dozen chicks. I’m leaving them in the barn as the hen house has been co-opted by the sly reptilian overlord. Hubbs is determined to find things for me to do. His mission today is smoked brisket. My mission is to avoid inheriting brisket related chores, having Beryl’s by products to prepare for. Ugh I need a nap and it’s barely 10a.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately most of the bantam chicks were eaten. I inherited a chicken set up that wasn’t meant for chicks and has a neighboring storage shed that I’m certain has a snake or two underneath. The new brood of Barnevelders are tended by two experienced hens, sisters who stick together and who may have been responsible for the demise of the mean Marans hen. The B brood stands a better chance in the barn which appears to be snakeless. Also no adult birds to pick on them and an LGD or two for other issues. My eye is out for snakes, I kill em too. Bantam hen has five to look after and appears to be hanging around the Barnevelder gang.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_7097.jpeg