Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Best news...truck fixed. With these temps, it's icy AC is appreciated when I have job work to travel between! Jobs I shuffled around with the breakdown. Also yard mowed, weed eating done. Garden :eek: 😖 major grass growth. Overwhelmingly so. I'm trying to do everything else before I tackle that mountain sun/mon.

I have several hens who began setting. :idunno late for that but everything in life seems radical now, so why not. Anyhow...#1 started a nest atop a file cabinet in the barn. 5 eggs. Yesterday morn 2 chicks with her in nest, 1 egg left. Afternoon she & 2 chicks walking in barn. That's a 5' jump down 😲 I put last egg under #2 hen, in case it's good. She's in barn & had 3 of 5 eggs still under. I'll check for poss hatch of added egg....if a hatch ill scoop chick up and give to hen #1. Hen #2 nest should hatch next wed.

Then hen #3 was on back porch & had 6 eggs. Over the following week....others were added by other hens😖😖. Then hen #4 decided to share the nest, which had grown to about 12...yeah, a real issue! They politely move eggs into 2 groups 🤔:D =D. I'm thinking ok -- as they hatch i'll give one the chicks, one the extra eggs. No time to set up pens for each and feed/water each day. I'll go with whatever. Last night I find a third hen on the communal nest :ththat's 5 setting!!! Really, this has to stop :old

Still have groundhog at lower field to catch! 😡
Still have another almost 500' of fence to down & new up. o_O. Just toooo hot.

Sure love my farm life....:lol::caf

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Musical eggs! When the music stops, every hen lay more eggs!

Yah, too hot here for me to get excited about much of anything. Tired of this crap and still got the rest of this month, August and September to go. Phooey.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So far no judge wants to hear what either side has to say, county commissioners are staying out of it, county road depart is staying out of it and the deputies are holding ground on letting anything happen till then.
I wish someone would point me the direction on where there is a written law that says I can't.
One last call today now I got a cell phone, last one ended up crushed.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sadly a fawn missed the height and got caught in my fence...DD saw as leaving for work, called me. I hadn't gotten in the shower, turned off water & went to back field, she put a blanket over it's head, I clipped the fence. Had already broken it's leg, the bleeding had stopped with pressure from fence tangle. It jumped up and left. Hoping for the best for it. 😥🙏. Very healthy otherwise.Always hard to see. IMG_20240711_113326355_HDR.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
So far no judge wants to hear what either side has to say, county commissioners are staying out of it, county road depart is staying out of it and the deputies are holding ground on letting anything happen till then.
I wish someone would point me the direction on where there is a written law that says I can't.
One last call today now I got a cell phone, last one ended up crushed.
So frustrating. Fingers crossed something good shakes out of all this. Can't believe the idiocy of those people. Could it be as simple as writing something up that you will not put a lien on their property for work done to the road from
this date to that date (though I doubt that would work but ya' never know)? Besides being stupid that seems to be their only claim. Got me. Around here if someone starts working on the road with their tractor or bobcat we either say thank you or pitch in with our own equipment.

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So frustrating. Fingers crossed something good shakes out of all this. Can't believe the idiocy of those people. Could it be as simple as writing something up that you will not put a lien on their property for work done to the road from
this date to that date (though I doubt that would work but ya' never know)? Besides being stupid that seems to be their only claim. Got me. Around here if someone starts working on the road with their tractor or bobcat we either say thank you or pitch in with our own equipment.
They also think their property taxes are going to go up, which only one pays for theirs.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sadly a fawn missed the height and got caught in my fence...DD saw as leaving for work, called me. I hadn't gotten in the shower, turned off water & went to back field, she put a blanket over it's head, I clipped the fence. Had already broken it's leg, the bleeding had stopped with pressure from fence tangle. It jumped up and left. Hoping for the best for it. 😥🙏. Very healthy otherwise.Always hard to see.View attachment 109837
It might make it limping around, but doubtful. We know they are animals of prey, but up close and personal like that pulls at your heartstrings.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Deer here will go under if they find a place they feel comfortable to be able to fit... but for the most part they do try to go over. If it is brushy they will go under around here... but if pushed, they will go over as it is quicker.

I want to get mad at @Mini Horses but it is not her fault she is getting all the rain.... wish we could get some of it. Tomorrow might bring some to us.