Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Foot report: better. I finally remembered some excessive strain I put on that foot that could account for issues. So damage not deterioration. One of the LGDs is sick. I think it’s temperature related- poor appetite, weight loss, darker urine. So he’s off duty and inside. I’ve scissored most of his Komondor half, I call it his lion king cut. I hope it’s nothing more serious than dog days. :fl

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Foot report: better. I finally remembered some excessive strain I put on that foot that could account for issues. So damage not deterioration. One of the LGDs is sick. I think it’s temperature related- poor appetite, weight loss, darker urine. So he’s off duty and inside. I’ve scissored most of his Komondor half, I call it his lion king cut. I hope it’s nothing more serious than dog days. :fl
Fingers crossed. The heat and appetite hand in hand. Darker urine not so much. Hope he's drinking enough water. One of mine is off her food. I can doctor up the food and she'll eat that, treats she'll eat, regular kibble nope.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. The heat and appetite hand in hand. Darker urine not so much. Hope he's drinking enough water. One of mine is off her food. I can doctor up the food and she'll eat that, treats she'll eat, regular kibble nope.
He’s always had darker urine. He was treated successfully for erlichiosis in February. He may be eating chicken eggs, I have two renegade hens in the barn. Hubbs found a hole under the fence (tree fell tore up a root)
so extracurricular exercise. Water bunks topped off and a pond and a spring. Vet tomorrow if he’s not improving. Electrolytes maybe.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
He’s always had darker urine. He was treated successfully for erlichiosis in February. He may be eating chicken eggs, I have two renegade hens in the barn. Hubbs found a hole under the fence (tree fell tore up a root)
so extracurricular exercise. Water bunks topped off and a pond and a spring. Vet tomorrow if he’s not improving. Electrolytes maybe.
Sounds good. Ah - food self “supplemented” 🥚🐓

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds good. Ah - food self “supplemented” 🥚🐓
I don’t begrudge the LGDs eggs as long as they don’t get greedy. Often the eggs are questionable and would have been dog eggs anyway. Old Timers (like my in-laws) are shocked and declare “the shotgun” but different times require different responses. We’ll see if he eats better tonight/ liver night :celebrate

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Geesh....looking ahead, weather & work days. Looks like rain ALL WEEK 🙄🥴😳 That tropical crap coming up the coast! If it actually does, they're suggesting 1-2" every day, Wed thru Sat. 🤬 No, please no. Don't need/want all that.

:barnie:he:idunno:duc

ETA..all compliments of Debby, hitting FL, possibly as hurricane 1, carrying TONS of water to flood FL, GA, SC, then over water NC & VA. 🥴😫

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Skiesblue my dog Sentry sometimes gets dark urine. It’s the first sign that something is wrong. I’ll put him on a leash so I can catch a sample for the vet to analyze. He nearly died a couple of years ago, spent a week at the vet on IV and medications. He’s had one more episode since then, no idea what caused it. I watch when he pees, that golden color tells me he’s ok. Dark means blood in the urine and is a bad sign. I suggest you take your dog out to pee, take a plastic container and hold it under the stream, put lid on and keep in refrigerator until you leave for the vet’s office.

Coffee is ready, without pee. Got a long list of things to do outside that I won’t get all done today. It’s 72F, high of 97F and 91% humidity. Another hot, sticky, dripping sweat miserable day.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, about 3-4 yesterday we had rain. Was decent out all day, then some nasty clouds appeared SE of me....I was inside canning. Saw goats run to barns, then rains came. Thunder & all that. Heavy for short while.

I see later on news that just 15 miles away they had severe hit. 60-70mph winds, and thought to be straight line winds or possible small tornado. So it hit a county fairgrounds, trees down, buildings damaged, whole 9 yards. So much damage that they closed fairgrounds & cancelled annual fair that was to begin Wed. 😳

That's where the normal goat auction happens each month. Now I'm waiting for notice that this Sat auction is cancelled or not 🥴 if it is, I'm castrating these guys who were to go.:thcrapola! Not good news. Plus, IF that building/facility was damaged it may impact for months ahead. 😕😢

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score

Latest posts