Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Peggy never painted before
Wow. Hard to imagine. 🤣 Break her in on a new skill.

Another nice day. Off all last week and lazed around. Tractor parts come this week. Going to do job work tue/wed, off 5 days, then 4 days of 10 hr each work...feast or famine time. 😆

Better refill this cup and try to accomplish something....probably won't be much. :lol: :lol: why change now?!

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We finally got Don & Daizy Duck yesterday afternoon. We put a dog house with extra bedding in it we hadn't used before in their pen so they would have temporary shelter. Over the winter we are going to add a fenced run to my shed on the outside then on the inside divide my shed into half, put up a wall and make a hole in the concrete side for a door for them because in the Spring we're going to be getting CHICKENS (8 months and older)!!!
ou really just need a 2 or 3 walled shelter, unless predators are a problem.

My biggest predators are eagles/raptors and dogs. With your location raccoons, possums, and snakes might also be an issue. So, build to keep all those out.

Ducks are very cold hardy. But, they do need the wind blocked. If you get a bunch of wind, it would be nice to put that clear ripple plastic on both sides of a fence corner. That way, they will have at least a bit of area free of wind.

Also, in front of that ripple plastic is a good spot to put a water pan. The sun coming through the plastic will keep the water thawed longer.

And yes, they are always messy with their water, and they need to be able to dunk their heads. So, figure out where to put the water so it will not soak bedding, and be easy to clean out.
More than likely over this weekend we are going to run chicken wire along the bottom of the pen where the ducks are to keep the predators out.
Yesterday the pool was clean when it was put in with them but this AM when I was out they have the water black. H says their pool water needs to be changed every day and I say no it doesn't seeing how ducks normally have ponds they swim in and ponds don't have clear water so who is right?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We finally got Don & Daizy Duck yesterday afternoon. We put a dog house with extra bedding in it we hadn't used before in their pen so they would have temporary shelter. Over the winter we are going to add a fenced run to my shed on the outside then on the inside divide my shed into half, put up a wall and make a hole in the concrete side for a door for them because in the Spring we're going to be getting CHICKENS (8 months and older)!!!

More than likely over this weekend we are going to run chicken wire along the bottom of the pen where the ducks are to keep the predators out.
Yesterday the pool was clean when it was put in with them but this AM when I was out they have the water black. H says their pool water needs to be changed every day and I say no it doesn't seeing how ducks normally have ponds they swim in and ponds don't have clear water so who is right?
Ponds are deeper and more than likely have some current

Latest posts