ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
All of the chickens are fine this morning. *whew*

Little Miss Precious has turned in to a jack rabbit. Jumping all over the place and trying to jump onto her mama's back :lol: Little boy is bouncing too but his sister is beating him up!

country farm girl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
elevan said:
All of the chickens are fine this morning. *whew*

Little Miss Precious has turned in to a jack rabbit. Jumping all over the place and trying to jump onto her mama's back :lol: Little boy is bouncing too but his sister is beating him up!
I think you shoud name him elf or elfy, becuese of his ears :lol: :lol:

redtailgal

Reaction score
I'm glad that the chickens are doing good.

I miss when my guys were little and "bounced" on a daily basis. They will still bounce some, but its not often.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
He's not gonna get a name. We've decided that if he doesn't find a pet home that he'll grow out and go to the freezer.

Went out to the pharmacy and the store a little while ago. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to save about 33% off my prescription by using my AAA discount card.
I went to Kroger and again was surprised to find a good selection of lamb available in the meat counter. I decided to pick up some ground lamb and give lamb another try. I'm gonna make chili with it tomorrow night....cause if something tastes bad in chili then I'm never gonna like it :lol:

What is up with all of this rain! :barnie The ground is already saturated and so the ponds, creeks and more are overflowing...water is standing on the roads. We need a freeze and we need some snow. We just had a flood warning issued for our area...yeah, big surprise there.

Driving home we got behind a funeral procession. I was surprised by the amount of people coming the other direction that didn't even slow down. It seems to me that the lack of respect shown by those drivers was so poignant. It really mad me mad and it wasn't even my loved one that they were disrespecting. I posted about it on FB and my phone is still going "dong" every few minutes as someone else "likes" the post. It such a shame that in so many ways the society that we live in is losing it's common decency and refuses to show respect in such a simple way. Are you really in such a hurry that you can't pull over for 30 seconds until the procession passes? Or is it that you weren't taught this simple act of courtesy?

I also got a call from an old friend who had moved away to Arizona and has just moved back to Ohio. Huge weather shock for him! :lol: He's such a riot. I met him in my previous work life. And I have a feeling that he's gonna ask me to do some freelance work for him. I've always been pretty good at reading him and knew he'd be moving back long before he made the decision.

Our hay guy will be delivering our winter supply on Wednesday. I really don't like unloading the hay but it has to be done.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
*Sigh of relief* Chickens are still all ok.

I no longer have 2 baby goats - I have 2 little jack rabbits. They've found their springs people!!! :lol:

Everyone is getting upset with me because there's no hay...tomorrow critters tomorrow! Geesh!

That rain yesterday was awful! Boys are on a 2 hour delay for school today because of high water. 15 more minutes and I can get them on the bus! Whoohoo! They're driving me crazy and they want to get outta here. The barn is a mess. My fields and yards are full of water. It's just a mess right now. We're supposed to get snow later (just a little) we need the freeze to get rid of this muck!

redtailgal

Reaction score
oh Yuck! I knew you had had some rain, but I didnt know it was that bad!

We are soggy right now too, but I just dont have room to complain.

lol, jackrabbits. Does it not warm your very soul to watch babies play?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Yeah, you thought Roll's pics were bad and she was embarrassed to post them. :rolleyes:

Baby goats playing are chicken soup for the goat owner's soul.

redtailgal

Reaction score
I thought Roll's pics were bad? Huh?

I cant wait to have my own chicken soup, lol.

redtailgal

Reaction score
I asked Rolls and I'd like to ask you too

Do you separate your does from the others when they kid?