ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
It balances out, he couldn't tell you how to clean a toilet or make the *perfect* fluffy omelet.

redtailgal

Reaction score
LOL, I know that! (cept I cant make an omelett to save my life)

After my throat surgery, hubby and the boys did ALL the house work and cooking for awhile. They did great, the laundry stayed caught up, the floors were mostly clean, things were dusted................but the toilet was slowly getting that "truck stop" look. :rolleyes:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well, I got quite a bit of work done on my cookbook today. I got the title and cover worked out. Thanks to a select few people who helped me with input on that.

Also got the intro done. Now, that one was an accident but I have the mods on BYC to thank for it :clap

Have to decide if every recipe will get a picture... :/ What do y'all think?

I plan to have a bunch of tips, tricks and techniques in there too.

If I have a few more days like today (very productive) then my cookbook may be available right after the first of the year! :woot

redtailgal

Reaction score
Keep us informed and let me know the where and when, so I can be first in line to get my copy!

I am excited for you! :clap

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Y'all have given me so much encouragement and feedback on it that you will be the first to know about it when it's ready (beyond family).

:hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
:barnie

I was standing by a window and watching the chickens in the field when I saw 3 crows / ravens swoop down into a group of about 10 chickens and attack Frieda (silver laced polish)!!! I ran outside yelling and they flew away. Thank goodness no damage was done this time. She's the same hen that was attacked before.

I don't know why they're zeroing in on her but I'm getting fed up with the crows / ravens.

redtailgal

Reaction score
That poor hen is gonna end up with a complex and a nervous twitch.

I'm glad you were watching.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
elevan said:
:barnie

I was standing by a window and watching the chickens in the field when I saw 3 crows / ravens swoop down into a group of about 10 chickens and attack Frieda (silver laced polish)!!! I ran outside yelling and they flew away. Thank goodness no damage was done this time. She's the same hen that was attacked before.

I don't know why they're zeroing in on her but I'm getting fed up with the crows / ravens.
Sing a song of sixpence, pocket full of rye
4 and 20 black birds baked in a pie.........

Latest posts