Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Em's little Farm kitchen
The secrets of a farm cook ???
Em's secrets to the kitchen or of the kitchen ??? :frow

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm ready to commit murder....of my mother's horse :somad She's been folding the fence down trying to eat what's on the other side. Tonight I found a section of the fence that she split wide open...animals could have walked through from either side. So I went to the barn to grab a section of fence to fix it only to fall in the muck and bruise my hip. :somad Grabbed the extra fence and went to fix the hole and cut my hand :somad Finally got the hole fixed.

Went to count the chickens to find one missing. Can't find her. And there's another one who probably will be dead in the morning. :he

And one of our outside dogs had to be buried tonight. She was really old and it was her time. But still. :barnie

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'll probably be short 2 chickens in the morning. 1 that is missing currently and 1 that is acting "off" that I expect to be dead in the morning. :(

That horse has ticked me off forever. She broke my hip when I was 16. She's nothing but a royal pain. She was a birthday present to my mom a very long time ago. I take comfort in the fact that the horse is probably not gonna last very many more years. Evil to say, I know but there is no love lost between myself and that horse. :somad

The dog...I don't really know where she came from. She was half wild but the size of a large cat. She lived in the backyard and pretty much kept to herself. She was well fed and cared for but didn't really want human interaction. She's been around as long as I can remember and had defective rear legs that bowed way out, but she got along fine. She went in her sleep.

I sure hope 2012 will be a fabulous year. But I'm realistic enough to know that life isn't always roses. It just sucks when it all piles on top of one another.

Dreaming Of Goats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm sorry!

How much are you feeder the horse? Maybe she just needs a bit more hay for the winter, or maybe she's bored.

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well nothing I can say will make you feel better, but I can at least give you a good chuckle. At my own expense.

Our rooster - that HATES me - And I mean H A T E S me and only me was up in the roost this morning when I went to let them out. He roosts in the rafters about 10 feet up. I try to get the barn open and get out before he comes down because he flogs me at ever opportunity.

I open the door and move quickly to the stall door and SPLAT - he pooped on me from 10 feet up! And not a dry poop either. I almost vomited on my goats!

So now we run for the house, strip in the laundry room and run to the shower. Not the best way to start a morning.

No, we did not have chicken for dinner.